I need a new amp stand for the Axe Fx II

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I know there have been several threads about this but I can't find them. I guess I'm not using the right search words. I left my stand at a gig and need a replacement. I thought I might try something different. And I need to order one today, soon, because I have a gig this weekend!

I am not a fan of the ones that lay on the floor tilting up. I don't know. I guess I want the Axe Fx to be visible from the stage. Also I live a little dangerously and sometimes like to place things on top of the amp. I use it as a table. I'm generally close to it. Papers, pencil, iPhone, iPad. This is what I was using. On-Stage Stands RS7000 Tiltback Amp Stand | Sweetwater.com
It worked fine, though it was a little shallow, I never found it to be an issue. I had to work to position the rubber feet on the bottom of my rack to fit on the arms. But I had easy access to the back. 15" from rubber feet to rubber feet. Of course I can take the feet off, I'd rather not. My rack is a smaller one: front to back 15". I can put it in a larger one, I'd like that, but this one worked fine, especially for the old and lost stand. O have other larger racks unused.

This one: On-Stage Stands RS7705 Pro Tiltback Amp Stand | Sweetwater.com but the width isn't adjustable and the depth isn't too deep.

This one looks cool, but it doesn't look very portable. On-Stage Stands RS9050 Adjustable Amp/Mixer Stand | Sweetwater.com It doesn't look like it's easily and quickly broken down and reassembled. I need a fold up stand that is adjustable.

Any ideas? And sorry for bringing this up again. I couldn't find the thread(s).

That's cool. That's wouldn't work. I play this place every once in awhile, like last night, that's on an uneven grade. So it'd make me nervous tilting. I like having it tilt back enough so the gravity holds it a little more secure.

I'm in the same boat (looking for a stand) and out of the few that I have found I'm going to roll with the 7705 Pro Tilt back. It offers more options of positions for both for tilt on the leg and the cradle.

That's cool. That's wouldn't work. I play this place every once in awhile, like last night, that's on an uneven grade. So it'd make me nervous tilting. I like having it tilt back enough so the gravity holds it a little more secure.

Well good luck! Because I have not see a stand YET made for an "uneven" surface!

The makers of stands assume you are going to be playing on an EVEN surface. If you are playing on a hill, the most you could do is tilt it back but even then, if it was me, I would have the thing strapped down. Depends on how uneven a surface you are talking about!

I don't know about you, but there are some places I will simply NOT play on. A hill is one!

Oh the tilt back stands are perfectly fine. This place is a courtyard with a lot of old trees. The brick floor over the years has made the floor a little uneven. The roots pushing the flooring up. Having the amp on a flat surface makes it tilt a little. I had a real lose, fold out wooden table I took with me but I wasn't willing to put it on that. So last night I took two chairs, made them face each other and placed it on that.

I only play there a couple of times a year.

I'm in the same boat (looking for a stand) and out of the few that I have found I'm going to roll with the 7705 Pro Tilt back. It offers more options of positions for both for tilt on the leg and the cradle.

But the width doesn't appear to be adjustable. This could create problems for both my rubber feet and the cables in the back getting cramped.

But the width doesn't appear to be adjustable. This could create problems for both my rubber feet and the cables in the back getting cramped.

Nope not without a cut and weld modd. The bottom spread could be modded fairly easily by simply adding to the width with a smaller tube that fits inside the orignal and pinning it. The RS 7000 is a little different with a 12" depth and with for the cradle but it only has a 15.5" spread at the base and you cannot adjust the angle of anything. Not quite sure what you mean with the cables getting cramped?.

I personally don't like tilts as I like to be able to use the space on top to put things... and tilting != a good thing with a drink or picks or anything else.

I like a slight tilt. I like to put things on top too! I don't like those that sit on the floor with a big tilt. I guess it's good so I can look at it easily. But Im not a fan of the idea.

Nope not without a cut and weld modd. The bottom spread could be modded fairly easily by simply adding to the width with a smaller tube that fits inside the orignal and pinning it. The RS 7000 is a little different with a 12" depth and with for the cradle but it only has a 15.5" spread at the base and you cannot adjust the angle of anything. Not quite sure what you mean with the cables getting cramped?.

The power cable gets cramped with my other stand. Sometimes the amp would have to sit a little askew because the power cable hit the back. This would fix using a deeper rack case.

I have thought about getting a board and placing it on the bottom of the stand so I wouldn't have to worry about the feet balancing on the legs of the stand.

I have a very small, compact Ultimate Support amp stand. It folds up into almost nothing. My Axe is in a 3-space rack - I set the stand just off to the right of my mic stand, turned around so the Axe faces me. It works like a dream and is nearly invisible. I can reach the unit easily if I want and can see the display (I prefer to tune with the display, not the MFC). It sounds like it might be perfect for you. It does elevate only a handful of inches, though.

Here's where I got mine:

Ultimate Support AMP-150 Amp Stand | Sweetwater.com

What type of case are you using? I just bought a new case and was thinking of fashioning some tilt back legs for the underneath of the case and leaving it on the floor. As for putting things on top of my Axe unless it's another pice of equipment it's a no go especially drinks and pics go in a little slit on the front underside of my guitar strap for a hidden quick and easy out of the way access.

The power cable gets cramped with my other stand. Sometimes the amp would have to sit a little askew because the power cable hit the back. This would fix using a deeper rack case.

I have thought about getting a board and placing it on the bottom of the stand so I wouldn't have to worry about the feet balancing on the legs of the stand.

Oh, so your using some sort of combo as amplification? There should be plenty of space behind the cradle to accommodate any wires that need to fall behind your rig.

Oh, so your using some sort of combo as amplification? There should be plenty of space behind the cradle to accommodate any wires that need to fall behind your rig.
I don't know what you mean by "some sort kind of combo for amplification." It's not having enough room for the wires and power cable. It's that the width of the back stand hits the power cable. If I have a stand thats deep enough I can put the Axe II in a deeper rack case and that problem would go away.

I have a very small, compact Ultimate Support amp stand. It folds up into almost nothing. My Axe is in a 3-space rack - I set the stand just off to the right of my mic stand, turned around so the Axe faces me. It works like a dream and is nearly invisible. I can reach the unit easily if I want and can see the display (I prefer to tune with the display, not the MFC). It sounds like it might be perfect for you. It does elevate only a handful of inches, though.

Here's where I got mine:

Ultimate Support AMP-150 Amp Stand | Sweetwater.com

One more vote for the Ultimate amp stand. I have one that I've used for years with various combos, and it works quite well with the Axe in a rack. The portability is really the best feature - fold it up, throw it into a duffle with your other accessories (cables/guitar stands/power strip/etc) and call it a day.

That said, I just have my Axe in a Gator rack bag that stands upright for when I don't have a cab (needs right angle plugs for Axe II), and on top of the cab when I do.

Mike

Hm. I just don't the almost vertical stands. I like to put things on it - not liquids - and I like to be able to see it from the stage.

PLUS - isn't it a pain to get to all those cables in the back?

Scott P. showed us the amp stand he uses and it looked pretty good to me. Check out the pics to get an idea of usage..
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...ur-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-3.html#post600278

It's available via
Amazon.com: Quik Lok BS-317BK Amp Stand: Musical Instruments
Quik-Lok Double-Brace Low-Profile Amp Stand | GuitarCenter
It's angle of setup is adjustable and it folds flat. I have mine setup for working with my AFX when standing and sitting. I marked the postion for each angle and now when I pull it out setup is very quick. I love it. Thanks Scott!!!

Back
Top Bottom