I need a handcontroller!

As pedalsteelplayer I don't have a free foot to change presets. I need a controller for that that I can attach to a leg from the steelguitar or to a mic-stand, any suggestions?
Ciao,
Johan

the low budget way would be to put your axe fx in a rack that stands it up and keep it beside your bench. you can use almost any kinda switch in the pedal jack( 2 if it is an XL or XL +) on the back of the axe fx. If you have the mfc you can use almost any kinda switch in the 4 switch jacks)

the low budget way would be to put your axe fx in a rack that stands it up and keep it beside your bench. you can use almost any kinda switch in the pedal jack( 2 if it is an XL or XL +) on the back of the axe fx. If you have the mfc you can use almost any kinda switch in the 4 switch jacks)

Hi, I do that already for a long time, but all the searching for lttle knobs with fingerpicks on, is not that comfy :)

Attachments

• rack axe.jpg
    rack axe.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 23
Looks like you have a axe fx II, It only has one pedal port so you could only use 1 switch for either up or down. you would plug it in and and in the I/O menu page over to pedal, and set for preset increase or decrease. if you have an mfc you could run 4. That Midi controller you have the link for, I know nothing about, but if it will send midi program messages it should work. May involve some creative programing. Looks like small buttons though, back to the finger picks.

How many presets do you use? Do you keep one foot on a volume pedal. If only a couple presets, what about a expresion pedal with a toe switch, you could set the axe to circle through the presets with the use of one switch, if you only use a few.

What are you trying to do with it? Send IA type of thing or knob twisting changes?

I'd look into a mini midi keyboard or some other type of "generic" midi controller... There are many, many choices...

I have one that i bought to use with EZ Drummer... It has a small keyboard plus 8 small "pad" buttons that are maybe 2x2 inches in size.

Maybe a pad type controller would work for you?

the op is looking for a way to make preset changes with finger picks on his fingers. I have no experience with those kinda controllers to know if they send pc commands, if they do, they possibly could work for him.

Maybe one of the old Ground Control (not the Pro, the original) pedals would be a good fit, then? The buttons are large and easy to press, and it's a pretty small footprint so might step to the stand well.

Not too expensive, either...

Thanks for all the advices. I guess maybe the best option is to buy the Fractal footcontroller and exchange the switches for flip-switches....

Just put your bar down and use the left hand on QUICK CONTROL knob "A." You don't need more gear here. Just a surface to get the knob within reach. A plastic cooler will do.

maybe a livid guitar wing mounted on leg perhaps. I have one, works ok, not using it.
Livid has another product, small rectangular box with various controllers on it.

As pedalsteelplayer I don't have a free foot to change presets. I need a controller for that that I can attach to a leg from the steelguitar or to a mic-stand, any suggestions?
Get yourself a couple of these, and set your gear for preset-up and preset-down. There might even be room on your guitar for them. You can work them with the heel of your hand.

102919.jpg

Or a couple of these—more in keeping with the pedal-steel vibe:

41ir6CYHYVL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom