I modded an EV-1 to feel like a regular Wah pedal. Full details inside!

Thanks Sukh! I'm gonna have to try this myself tomorrow afternoon (leaving for a gig now). Cheers, brother!

You're welcome! It really has made it more fun for me to use the controller as a wah now. Here's a little play on it after my DIY :)

Reactions: dB
I just did the same thing with my black EV-1 except I super glued a couple of smaller round pads on top of the square one to get it to feel a little more like my Clyde wah sweep range. It really worked great. Thanks for the tip.

It would be nice if they included a few different size hard rubber pads like this with the EV-1 so that you can fine tune the sweep when you get it...or make it an optional purchase that you can have shipped with the EV-1. This really does make a big difference.

OR...now here's a good idea....maybe ship the EV-1 from the factory with a pair of threaded screw holes underneath the rear foot pedal pads on the EV-1...then they could ship it with a pair of bolts that you can leave out for stock EV-1 sweep or put in them and you can adjust the height to taste. In fact, I just might drill a couple of holes in there myself and thread them with a tap and do it myself.

well done..
I modded my dunlop jimi hendrix wah pedal to work as an exp pedal myself..
I'll post pics of that...

Hi, can you re upload your pics please?
Sorry man - the fine folks at photobox nuked them when they decided to start charging for linked pictures!! I also don't use EV1's any more so don't have the pedals to phtograph.

Dead easy though - just add rubber stoppers to either end of the pedal at the base to restrict the range of the pedal and then recalibrate the pedal. Worked great.

Good luck!

Sorry man - the fine folks at photobox nuked them when they decided to start charging for linked pictures!! I also don't use EV1's any more so don't have the pedals to phtograph.

Dead easy though - just add rubber stoppers to either end of the pedal at the base to restrict the range of the pedal and then recalibrate the pedal. Worked great.

Good luck!

Okay, thankyou for the tip ;)

Back
Top Bottom