I may be (slightly) drunk, HOWEVER...

3Dhuman

Inspired
... I still know what sounds good. About the drinking... I don't normally, BUT... have had a bottle of scotch sitting around since LAST CHRISTMAS (for fucks sake)... and decided to dig into it a bit. ANYWAY... I've been playing FW 5 since whenever it became available (some amount of 'time' ago)... and I can honestly say, based on settings suggested by Scott P, it sounds FANTASTIC!

Here's the thing though... I've thought everything has sounded fantastic up until this point... and, I'm sure I will continue to think things sound fantastic as we progress onward. My patches (so far) have required little to no adjusting... just that Motor Drive thingy up between 3 and 5... and it's like the amp/cab has become an INTEGRATED WHOLE.

Some of my favorite amps (for no other reason than to make a list):

New Recto Orange
Fryette D60 More
Engl (with orange cabs)
Soldano
(there are more... but, the list making process is not living up to expectations)

Some of my other favorite things (let's try the list thing again):

Scotch (that I'm drinking)
The fact that I have nowhere to be and nothing to do
ANNNND... enough with the lists...

As a side note... I use Jazz 3 picks... they sell them in packs of 6... I've never needed to use one of the other 5 picks because the one I use has not changed a bit. These things are bullet proof. Just noticed that.

elaborate on the scotch please. I'm asuming single malt.
I always go back to the Islay stuff, but right now I have a bottle of french (yes) Armorik I brought with me from the Bretagne.

good stuff.

cheers!

:)

Last edited:
Yes, single malt... it was a gift... Glenkinchie, to be exact. According to what's written on the box... the distillery is one of only 3 remaining in the Lowlands. It it very 'crisp'... which I quite like. The Isaly scotches definitely have a unique character... almost medicinal in nature.

Cheers to you!

Glad you're not afraid to admit being under the influence..... of your Axe FX. And yes, that's what I love about Jazz 3 picks, they last a LOOONG time.

Is the "motor drive" everyone is referring to the same as the "speaker drive"...not seeing the "motor drive"???

Scotch...YUCK! Now a fine French Absinthe? That's another matter entirely! LOL

Is the "motor drive" everyone is referring to the same as the "speaker drive"...not seeing the "motor drive"???

Scotch...YUCK! Now a fine French Absinthe? That's another matter entirely! LOL

Oh...never mind...in the cab block...remembered Cliff mentioning he might put it in the amp block and got confused! LOL

So, this leads to another poll. What goes better with the Axe-FX: 1) Scotch 2) Burbon 4) Beer or 3) Wine (not referring to those the grip)

Heh I auditioned v5 last night semi-whacked on dilaudid (stroooong pain killer) since I got the roots removed yesterday morning from a molar which had a root canal that went bad arg.

I should have had a Glenlivet or two instead..sounds like you had more fun!!

I got drunk on absinthe in Berlin years and years ago... both pee'd and puked (same time) on the exterior wall of a police station (though, I did not know this at the time). I have not drank absinthe since.

Back
Top Bottom