I made a thing

EricBic

Hi gals and guys

I made a simple little web tool to help me write music, thought others might find it useful

https://ericbichara.github.io/GuitarGuide/#/

How to use:
1) Select a root key and scale on the top right
2) Get all notes in that scale as well as chords that work for each note
3) Click on a chord and get a fretboard visualization with all notes in that chord

The settings button lets you change how the fretboard is visualized

I use this mainly to find chord substitutions and new chord fingerings and arpeggios.

Feedback welcome, specially if you find bugs!

Jam on
/Eric

Last edited:
Very cool and helpful!

One bug I noticed just clicking around: the IV of F Major is listed as A# instead of Bb. Obviously enharmonic.

For #2, I assume you mean "get all chords" because a key doesn't contain other keys, and you don't include relative modes in the output.

Also, from a technical perspective, the Roman numerals at the top should be lower case for minor (including dim) and uppercase for major.

You didn't include the 13 chord in your lists and you only listed add9 in a couple places, excluding one of my favorite chords the maj add9 :(

Cool idea, though... Not really my intent to pick it apart even though I kinda did :)

For me it would most useful for things like harmonic minor, etc that I don't use everyday. Thanks for posting!

For #2, I assume you mean "get all chords" because a key doesn't contain other keys, and you don't include relative modes in the output.

Also, from a technical perspective, the Roman numerals at the top should be lower case for minor (including dim) and uppercase for major.

You didn't include the 13 chord in your lists and you only listed add9 in a couple places, excluding one of my favorite chords the maj add9 :(

Cool idea, though... Not really my intent to pick it apart even though I kinda did :)

For me it would most useful for things like harmonic minor, etc that I don't use everyday. Thanks for posting!
No worries, i really appreciate the feedback. My theory knowledge is quite basic specially when it comes to how to correctly represent or talk about it.

Will add some 13 chords ;) Maybe hard to tell but the Harmonic Minor modes are there at the bottom of the list of scales.

Maybe hard to tell but the Harmonic Minor modes are there at the bottom of the list of scales.
Yep, I saw those.

What I meant was that for typical stuff I'm already well versed with the chords, etc, so I don't need a reference for them.

But for other stuff like harmonic minor, super locrian, etc that I don't use often your tool is a good reference!

Back
Top Bottom