I made a response to Rhett Shull's video

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it takes you 2 years to get comfortable enough with a product(that professionals love) to make a review, perhaps the issue is in fact the user.

I don’t personally care for Rhett or his opinion. Seems like he buys his “dream” equipment every month and then we don’t see it ever again. Just another YouTuber trying to get his cash.

If it takes you 2 years to get comfortable enough with a product(that professionals love) to make a review, perhaps the issue is in fact the user.

I don’t personally care for Rhett or his opinion. Seems like he buys his “dream” equipment every month and then we don’t see it ever again. Just another YouTuber trying to get his cash.
Yep...click bait BS.

Rhett should use the Performance Pages for his tweaks at his gigs. Super easy. I rarely need to make adjustments (unless I didn't come prepared to practice), but if I do, this makes it super easy.

Just saw his presets for sale, which makes me wonder.. who would buy presets from someone that doesn't own the unit!??!?
But he does own it, essentially. A two-year "loaner"? Please. And he still hasn't spent the time or effort to learn how to use it. Pathetic.

The question is... who would buy presets from someone who's owned the unit for two years and still doesn't know how to use it?

I guess when you work to earn something you place more value on it then when it's given to you for free.

Last edited:
Honestly, I also haven't really tried to learn the front panel much because I found it confusing and felt like I was tearing up my presets when I was doing things that I thought would be the intuitive thing to navigate to various blocks. I'm sure I'd be proficient like other users if I put in the time and effort to learn it.

But I've never needed to. I edit my presets at home, connected to a computer. Axe Edit is a GREAT user interface Axe Edit III was even a noticeable upgrade from AX8 and Axe FX II's Axe Edit programs. Over the years, I collect feedback from the sound engineers I work with and make the changes at home, little by little. And all I would REALLY need to do to adjust live is tweaking BMT on the amp models, which is easy enough to learn live. I'm not gonna build a new preset at a gig...

Maybe Fractal can release new upgraded models (kinda like Turbo) that replaces the front screen with a touch screen that essentially runs Axe-Edit lol. Axe FX III Turbo Touch! 😂

The more I read threads like these the more I despair. Why are people so angry that someone you don't know said something negative about a product you also own? Why are people so invested in a product they feel the need to make a 15 minute video saying 'well ackchyually it's really simple Rhett!

Someone disliking the Axe FX is not a personal attack on you. Some people really need to hear that.

Genuinely, things like this drive casual users or newbies away and give this forum the reputation it has externally.

Uhmmm... ok.

Then maybe some people need to see this: that having a personal opinion/view about Rhett Shull's video and views on the Axe FX-III
is not a personal attack on him either. :)

All this emotional baggage and people needing to use the hater/fanboy duality is just over the top nothingness.

We are allowed to have our opinions about Rhett's content just like he is allowed to have his opinion about
the Axe FX-III that Fractal so kindly loaned him..... uhmmmm..... indefinitely. :)

Everyone is so negative about everything nowadays. Instead of focusing on the positives, everyone focuses on the negatives. The Axe-Fx is arguably the greatest guitar processor ever made yet some people feel they have to focus on any little thing they can find wrong with it.

Instead of "Wow, check this really cool patch I just made", it's instead "well, yeah, it sounds great and all but when you choose a preset from the preset page it doesn't go back to the home page." FWIW, it used to go back to the home page but people complained so we made it stay on that page.

I don't know Rhett Shull from a clove of garlic. He seems like a good player but the whole video smacks of click-bait and generating Youtube views. I suppose a video that showcases patch development and great sounds wouldn't generate as much revenue. Sad state of affairs but more a reflection on what a bitter society we've become. I blame the social media companies because they've fostered this. It's like a car wreck. People can't help but look and Faceboob and Youboob exploit this.

Faceboob and Youboob
🤣

As I mentioned above I don't think Rhett's channel even needs the hoaky clickbait stuff - a lot of his content is quite good - but, along the lines of what FractalAudio said: SM has kind of engineered it to happen this way. I'm also a Johnnathan Cordy subscriber and watch his channel a lot - tonnes of good content - BUT - to me he's fallen into a bit of the same trap here as Rhett Shull since the title and timing of Cordy's vid is clearly designed to provoke: "Idiot's Guide to AxeFx Nav" suggesting that Rhett is an idiot (ok - it's subtle and doesn't specifically say that but c'mon ... the day after?, and he references Rhett's vid!...) - watching it, I could not help but feel that he was deliberately choosing easy simple Axefx FP stuff to show us in order to make Rhett's FP opinion seem more silly. To me both of em should've just stuck to constructive content and out of the weeds, but ya - that's Youboob for ya - lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom