I made a response to Rhett Shull's video

Status
Not open for further replies.
One needs to also keep in mind that eyesight level is not the same for everyone - being one who's never had great eyesight, I will always choose a larger sceen interface over a smaller one regardleas of usage environment. As a result I am a long time fluent deep tweaker in AxeEdit but don't have a clue about the FP interface (if there was no FP I wouldn't skip a beat).

What generally rubs me about videos like this is the title: "One Major Problem"

It's typical social media click bait garbage.
It's so so common now a days, and highlights the fact that everyone is just out to get clicks and make a buck.

It's possible to create a following without click bait - example: Leon Todd
but I mean, why is clickbait a bad thing? if you're in the YT arena you want clicks and views, especially if it's something you're making money from. I see at as more tongue in cheek than "click bait". It's just the way of the YT world, I don't think he's being disingenuous

A hit job?? 70K people have viewed a video that starts with great tones and basically stating that AXE3 sounds the best out of the box for all the modelers.
...and feeds the false "conventional wisdom" that the Axe has too many options and is too hard to use. I suppose it could be his genuine take, but after two years?

One needs to also keep in mind that eyesight level is not the same for everyone - being one who's never had great eyesight, I will always choose a larger sceen interface over a smaller one regardleas of usage environment. As a result I am a long time fluent deep tweaker in AxeEdit but don't have a clue about the FP interface (if there was no FP I wouldn't skip a beat).
Yep. That’s been the point. There are simple solutions to these “major problems.”

but I mean, why is clickbait a bad thing? if you're in the YT arena you want clicks and views, especially if it's something you're making money from. I see at as more tongue in cheek than "click bait". It's just the way of the YT world, I don't think he's being disingenuous
I think it's bad generally and am kind of tired of YT vid titles that deliberately don't represent the content properly.

I wonder how big the III would still need to be if it was "headless", just an on/off switch. And how expensive. Not sure that'd be a good idea, but it would eliminate some significant components.

I wonder how big the III would still need to be if it was "headless", just an on/off switch. And how expensive. Not sure that'd be a good idea, but it would eliminate some significant components.
It would, but then the “major problem” is that you HAVE to have a computer in tow to use it. You can’t win.

I don't know...I just don't think that literally. I understand the arena and adjust my expectations accordingly
+1 and I try to do the same but I have gotten caught on a few where the title genuinely led me astray. I also appreciate when a YT channel is able to attract viewers without the click batey titles (personally I don't think Rhett needs them as his vids are of good enough quality not to need it). Not dissing youtube overall though as it's a great platform and has pretty much replaced tv for me with a lot more entertaining / valued content which is more focused on my interests.

“Click-bating” is nothing new. It’s been part of media since the conception of advertising.
agreed - not new for pure advertising, but it's new imo for other types of content. And the increased frequency of it as well as the heightened level of it is, imo a more recent phenomenom in mainstream as well as new media platforms.

Edit - I see it creeping into responsible journalism which irritates me.

agreed - not new for pure advertising, but it's new imo for other types of content. And the increased frequency of it as well as the heightened level of it is, imo a more recent phenomenom in mainstream as well as new media platforms.

Edit - I see it creeping into responsible journalism which irritates me.
Totally agree.

The more click baiting increases, the less likelyhood to ever find content or information that you are truly looking for.
This is obviously not even a YouTube specific issue....I just find the social media world to be a game of 'who can mislead you the most in order to get you to click'. It's annoying.

The amount of anger in this thread tho....he's been very positive about the unit, and can be seen using it for the guitar tones in most of his recent videos. He appeals to more rootsy/vintage analog guys.....so his endorsement will carry wait that a lot of players/influencers wouldn't. The bias is real when anything but a glowing review gets this much pushback.

So he's using the loaned gear to make an host of other videos featuring products from other manufacturers to highlight
and make money from. Hmmmm... Ok. That's even more suspect!! ;)

You folks that don't know Rhett really need to stop calling him a YT'er. He's a well known touring musician that's played with some big names. He began making more YT vids during the pandemic for obvious reasons...trying to make a living and keep an income just like every other professional musician. Throwing him under the bus because he didn't give your beloved piece of a gear a 5 star rating? Get over yourselves.

Ok, Dad. Is it time to go to bed, too. :)

You folks that don't know Rhett really need to stop calling him a YT'er. He's a well known touring musician that's played with some big names. He began making more YT vids during the pandemic for obvious reasons...trying to make a living and keep an income just like every other professional musician. Throwing him under the bus because he didn't give your beloved piece of a gear a 5 star rating? Get over yourselves.
He threw himself under the bus by not learning the UI and then using it as click bait. Not to mention making a video showing how clueless he actually is. I laughed my ass off. Rhett should just stick to a boss pedal board and a hard tail.... pretty sure that's in his wheelhouse. 🤘😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom