I made a mistake

MKeditor

Experienced
I uploaded the new Bank B. I chose bank B via Fractal bot. My expectation was that presets 129-256 would be overwriten. Unfortunately it also over wrote a lot more...including presets 1-12 which are my go to. I'd like to never make this mistake again. Other than not backing up bank A, what did I do wrong?

I uploaded the new Bank B. I chose bank B via Fractal bot. My expectation was that presets 129-256 would be overwriten. Unfortunately it also over wrote a lot more...including presets 1-12 which are my go to. I'd like to never make this mistake again. Other than not backing up bank A, what did I do wrong?
Choosing a bank is the first step. You then need to tell the bot where to stick it. If you just clicked through quickly without reading the info on the screen, it likely overwrote bank a with whatever you were loading. :(

Always start with a backup. That way you can start over in cases like this.

I have lost presets before. I look at it as an opportunity to better learn the device and improve my preset making skills. I have always felt afterwards, that the new presets sound better and are more optimized.

Back
Top Bottom