I made a custom rack for my FX8

tonejunkie

I wanted to use my FX8 to control my amp and be in my fx loop (Dumbleator clone) so I built this rack and it came out great. Just wanted to share. I can leave the cables in the back of the rack and just run a midi chord to my RJM Mastermind :) I'm stoked! I'm going to have a soft case made by studio slips :):):)
IMG_5159-2.png

Nice ! I just may do the same thing to avoid all the cables (power and 3x audio) running to the front of the stage when using FX8.

I made a suggestion to Fractal a while back for their thoughts on a version of the FX8 that would be just a black box to sit with your amp. Switching to be done with an FC (so only 1 cable). Not sure about interface - if it would be required or just use a USB port to a laptop...

Anyway I like your idea... simplifies cabling and you have only one cable running to front of stage.

Nice ! I just may do the same thing to avoid all the cables (power and 3x audio) running to the front of the stage when using FX8.

I made a suggestion to Fractal a while back for their thoughts on a version of the FX8 that would be just a black box to sit with your amp. Switching to be done with an FC (so only 1 cable). Not sure about interface - if it would be required or just use a USB port to a laptop...

Anyway I like your idea... simplifies cabling and you have only one cable running to front of stage.

I'd be willing to bet this is in the works. Cliff has alluded to something...

Back
Top Bottom