I m a novice, how to use a MIDI foot controller to set a looper for Axe-Fx III?

ElaNova

I use a Behringer FCB1010 to control my AXE FX-III, I can change the Preset Voices, but I cant enter the MIDI signal to AXE FX-III when it is learning(Only wah pedals and volume pedals see the MIDI learning AXE FX-III input)o_O . On the first page of the MIDI setup, I set up two pedals to control the wah and volume of the AXE FX-III, but using the pedals after the setting has no effect on the AXE FX-III.It's my controller problem? I need some help,Plz:cry:

8850133876766.png

there are proprietary commands to get to some of the AF3 functions that midi commands can't use. I no longer have a FCB1010 - but I think that may be the case here. There is midi information in the manual that may have more information. I would suggest you look there or google "FCB1010 Axe FX III looper"

There may be other options too with an UNO or Eureka chip. There are a few videos about this effort as well.

there are proprietary commands to get to some of the AF3 functions that midi commands can't use. I no longer have a FCB1010 - but I think that may be the case here. There is midi information in the manual that may have more information. I would suggest you look there or google "FCB1010 Axe FX III looper"

There may be other options too with an UNO or Eureka chip. There are a few videos about this effort as well.
Okay, I will try it immediately thank you very much :yum:

It sounds like you don't have any CCs set up in the particular foot switches you're pushing (and this is the default) so when it's "listening" for the CC, it's not hearing anything, whereas the two expression pedals are by default setup and ready to rock. You probably have only a single PC setup (which explains why you can change presets) in addition to the stock settings of the EXP pedals.

You need to go into edit mode (on the FCB1010) and assign the CCs you want to use to their corresponding functions you assign(ed) in the Axe III.

I HIGHLY recommend keeping a list of what CCs you use for which functions, as everything is freely assignable. Good luck. email me at decreebass@gmail.com if you need assistance with the FCB1010, assuming it's the stock chip (ie, no aftermarket Eureka/Uno).

But first, please watch any/all of my videos on the subject, as others have posted. They're pretty rudimentary/step-by-step - watch a few times if you have to but hit me up if there's just something that's not making sense.

Last edited:
Are you saying you are a MIDI novice as well as a FX III and FCB1010 novice? If so you need to Google and read up until understand MIDI & MIDI CC's first. Then I highly recommend you read your FCB1010 manual until you understand what it is telling you re:programming and CC's - then go read the AXE FX manual about using MIDI and external pedals.

For now in lieu of that (and watch his other vids)

If its a stock FCB, and I assume it is given your questions, there are free PC editors that make programming it a little less "back breaking." BUT you REALLY DO need to understand MIDI, MIDI CC's, MIDI channels, to use them effectively...

https://mountainutilities.eu/fcb1010

http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

Back
Top Bottom