I love the Plexi 100w high

eljodon

Experienced
This one sounds more like vintage VH than the Brown Plexi. I'm not digging the Brown Plexi anymore which was my go too Amp. But the both Plexi 100w and 50 w sound great! You can actually crank all the knobs to 10 tweak the eq a bit and change the depth frequency and crank the "thunk" and you get a cool low growl!
Lower the volume of the guitar to 8 and you get a nice twang! It has less gain but you can make it up with the trim control. Great job Cliff!!

I'm loving this one too. I just changed all of my Marshal patches over to the Plexi 100. I was trying all sorts of drastic changes with the EQ, and it was all sounding good. I forgot all about the "Thunk" though. I'll have to go try that next.

I'm loving this one too. I just changed all of my Marshal patches over to the Plexi 100. I was trying all sorts of drastic changes with the EQ, and it was all sounding good. I forgot all about the "Thunk" though. I'll have to go try that next.

Also play around with the depth frequency which is set at 250 Hz, but it also depends on the IR you're using and how you set the resonance which is around 114 Hz if I remember correctly ,so I set it a bit lower . But you have to be careful because it could make the low end muddy. Once I got the low end I wanted I placed compressor set on mild compression at the end of the chain to tighten up the bass a bit more. They do this a lot when a guitar is being mixed in session and the end result is what you're hear when listening to an album.

This one sounds more like vintage VH than the Brown Plexi. I'm not digging the Brown Plexi anymore which was my go too Amp. But the both Plexi 100w and 50 w sound great! You can actually crank all the knobs to 10 tweak the eq a bit and change the depth frequency and crank the "thunk" and you get a cool low growl!
Lower the volume of the guitar to 8 and you get a nice twang! It has less gain but you can make it up with the trim control. Great job Cliff!!

I can actually get the Brit Brown to sound quite similar, only with the tonal improvements from fw10. But I agree, the plexi 100 sounds special.

Yeah, I finally got a chance to run through some of the new factory presets tonight. After several hours I was thoroughly blown away by just about every single amp model. The Plexi definitely stood out as one that I know will be in heavy rotation.

Back
Top Bottom