I LOVE MY AXE!

jeppekristoffer

Power User
It makes it fun to rehearse EVEN WITH A BORING BAND!
That's all!
Thanks again both to the Fractal team and to all you likeminded and helpful people here at the forum.
Regards Another Swede!

Agreed with the above.

And I grew tired pouting about the edit thing. So I put on my thick glasses and went back to work.
Chris K was correct again. The front panel is actually easy, and fast, once I got the hang of it.

Playing with the Ax-2 thru FRFR,?......... it's like someone gave me the key's to my first flying car.

I'm going to advise my clients to buy.

Its amazing what something simple can do...

...I'm with a new band, and I played "but it's alright" played by Huey Lewis News live for the first time with the band, and had setup a particular patch for that song . ( since the recording has a LOT of room reverb). I started pounding away at the chords, and the band leader looked back at me and was rather happy how I sounded JUST like the recording.

Simple, boring 3 chord song...and the Axe made it 100 times better live... pretty cool stuff.

Agreed with the above.

And I grew tired pouting about the edit thing. So I put on my thick glasses and went back to work.
Chris K was correct again. The front panel is actually easy, and fast, once I got the hang of it.

Playing with the Ax-2 thru FRFR,?......... it's like someone gave me the key's to my first flying car.

I'm going to advise my clients to buy.

I am looking to get a new FRFR speaker - what speaker do you have that sounds great? I currently use a MESA 2x12 V30 guitar cab. But I need a flying car!

What's the name of the band (?) is what I want to know! :)

We play Kongolese dance music. Two guitarist from Sweden, the bass player from Uganda, drummer from Benin, two singers/dancers and one conga player from Kongo Kinshasa. The guitars are all clean.
It's actually really great music to play. Especially live when we do 20 min long dance marathon songs with lots of dancers on stage, but right now i am a little bit bored. Many of our gigs get screwed up in one way or another because of lousy arrangers and ourself. People coming late to the gig. People(mostly the bass player) that somehow suddenly is on a boat trip somewhere and had forgotten that he had a gig or when he came 4 hours late because he was at another gig and 300 people were waiting for us to start. But still it is fun. We are at facebook and myspace and soon on spotify. The problem with this kind of music when it is not live is that some people(our singer and bandleader) want the songs to be soft and with lots of crappy zynth sounds, something we never do live. But still, "Thats the way every one else is doing it, and so must we"!!! It is our swedish lead guitarist that arranges and writes almost all our songs. Im the rhythm guitarist and play the Axe II with mfc through a very cheap full range-ish monitor(Thoman the box MA1520 MKII, 160W) and with some compensation with the output GEQ on the axe it sounds equally good as my Mesa Mark V combo I had before! COOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking to get a new FRFR speaker - what speaker do you have that sounds great? I currently use a MESA 2x12 V30 guitar cab. But I need a flying car!

I have the Yamaha HS80m's with sub for home use only. The ax2 sounds better than great.
I have been holding off on the stage FR solution, But will likely pull the trigger for a pair today or early next week.

We play Kongolese dance music. Two guitarist from Sweden, the bass player from Uganda, drummer from Benin, two singers/dancers and one conga player from Kongo Kinshasa. The guitars are all clean.
It's actually really great music to play. Especially live when we do 20 min long dance marathon songs with lots of dancers on stage, but right now i am a little bit bored. Many of our gigs get screwed up in one way or another because of lousy arrangers and ourself. People coming late to the gig. People(mostly the bass player) that somehow suddenly is on a boat trip somewhere and had forgotten that he had a gig or when he came 4 hours late because he was at another gig and 300 people were waiting for us to start. But still it is fun. We are at facebook and myspace and soon on spotify. The problem with this kind of music when it is not live is that some people(our singer and bandleader) want the songs to be soft and with lots of crappy zynth sounds, something we never do live. But still, "Thats the way every one else is doing it, and so must we"!!! It is our swedish lead guitarist that arranges and writes almost all our songs. Im the rhythm guitarist and play the Axe II with mfc through a very cheap full range-ish monitor(Thoman the box MA1520 MKII, 160W) and with some compensation with the output GEQ on the axe it sounds equally good as my Mesa Mark V combo I had before! COOL!

That's your boring band??? Sounds pretty exciting to me! LOL- two Swedish guitarists, a Ugandan bass player, a drummer from Benin, and three Kinshasans? Sounds like a hell of a band to me! If that's boring, I hope you never see me play...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your boring band??? Sounds pretty exciting to me! LOL- two Swedish guitarists, a Ugandan bass player, a drummer from Benin, and three Kinshasans? Sounds like a hell of a band to me! If that's boring, I hope you never see me play...

Hahaha! Well you're right its a very fun band for sure, but right know, you know just after we've had a gig the songs are a little boring. Actually only my own fault for not contributing
more to my own development.
I would love to see you play. Its always great to see/hear other people play.
Take care.

Wow yeah 2 kardashians boring. I hope one is Kim at least!

Back
Top Bottom