I love little "aha" moments with the Axe...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
My main IR for my Matchless tones has been an Ownhammer Alnico Blue/Silver Mix. I don't like Blues in real life or in any IR I've ever tried, but this combo with the Silver seemed to smooth it out and it sounded great. Last few weeks I've been tweaking my main tone because it just seemed too broken up, so much so I had dialed the gain on the DC30 down to around 2 to get it where I want it. Sounded great but it nagged at me why I was having to run the gain so low. Well, been putting the new Alnico Gold (one of my favorite speakers ever)/Alnico Silver mixes from OH through their paces and immediately had to raise the gain up because it was too clean. Now, I know, it's obvious. The Blue is a boxy/fuzzy speaker so it shouldn't be any surprise that it had such a drastic effect, but when it hit me it cracked me up. I love how accurate this rig is in every way, and how much a simple change can affect your overall tone in such a big way.

i don't guess new speakers in a different cab is a small change, that would be a pretty big shift real world...but you know what I mean!

Love my black box...

Last edited:
And with the new Cab Lab in plug in format ... Possibility to have that moment increases substantially ! :D

i haven't been able to get live mode in cablab to work for a while, i have no idea what i'm doing differently/wrong...

i haven't been able to get live mode in cablab to work for a while, i have no idea what i'm doing differently/wrong...
Did you contacted support ? It can be fixed for sure ! Strange that does'nt work ... Is it pairing with your Axe2 model ?

yeah, its showing is connected, does everything else, just gives complete silence in live mode. it worked when i first deleted it.

Back
Top Bottom