I love listening to Jeff Beck

The fact this he was the main inspiration for Nigel Tufnel's existence (or, at least , appearance) is enough for legendary status

Beck's Bolero is some soul stirring stuff indeed. I even like his whammy bar gymnastics on Roger Waters' "What God Wants".

Probably my all time favorite player. Never get tired of listening to him. Thanks for posting. Gotta go listen to Mr. Beck.

Always liked him. Finally went to a concert a few years back, just after Tal Wilkenfeld left. Rhonda Smith was no slouch on the bass either. SEEING him play added an entirely new level of appreciation for me....The unknown added bonus was watching Michael Narada Walden playing the drums. Definitely need to see if there are any more tours coming up.

That Ronnie Scott's DVD he did was A GEM. I can't listen to it enough. But to be honest. I didn't know how great he really was until that DVD was released.

So enigmatic - finger tips and whammy.... Occasional palm. Spectacular and natural phrasing,
He's a one off. Totally unique. I've heard a lot of players try to emulate him, but no one that ever really captured it. I always marvel at where that kind of deep musicality comes from.

Jeff turns up his rig.
Everyone listens....baited.
He rules from first note.

There you go - Jeff Beck haiku.

Always liked him. Finally went to a concert a few years back, just after Tal Wilkenfeld left. Rhonda Smith was no slouch on the bass either. SEEING him play added an entirely new level of appreciation for me....The unknown added bonus was watching Michael Narada Walden playing the drums. Definitely need to see if there are any more tours coming up.

I saw that tour as well. Just amazing, like watching Picasso paint or similar......

Back
Top Bottom