I love it when Axe-Fx and forum users come out to one of my shows. ;0)

I'd encourage anyone to go see Larry if you have the chance. I did that back in the Ultra days when he was performing close by to me. Knew he was a Fractal Artist so went
to see him. A truly great player who really uses the Axe Fx II to the fullest. Talked to him that night and we have been friends since.

Mark

Larry Mitchell and Pete Thorn are probably two of the only artists that I'd probably ever feel were realistically approachable (i.e., not scared of being thumped by some kind of bodyguard or just being blown off). :) A lot of that has to do with their presence on the forums and just how down to earth they really are.

I always appreciate you taking the time to share with us!

Larry is a super humble down to earth guy. I couldn't make his show last night due to getting home late from coaching T-Ball, but will def be at the one tomorrow night.

He is such a talented player and knows how to put the Axe units and FX8 through its paces. Got the opportunity to hang out with him earlier this year and listen to him play the FX8 and he had some killer tones dialed in. He gave me several tips on setting up scenes and using X/Y functions and more. Very knowlegable about his gear as much as he is helpful and down to earth.

Larry Mitchell and Pete Thorn are probably two of the only artists that I'd probably ever feel were realistically approachable (i.e., not scared of being thumped by some kind of bodyguard or just being blown off). :) A lot of that has to do with their presence on the forums and just how down to earth they really are.

I always appreciate you taking the time to share with us!

I bought Allan Holdsworth a beer in the early '80s at a joint called My Father's Place in Long Island after he finished his set opening for the Dixie Dregs. Dude sat and talked to me for almost half an hour.

Last edited:
Hi Tommy. Nope not much in cali except playing a home theater show in long beach I think may29-31. But that solo with tracks through a van with supper high end car stereo gear in it. :0) yes I'll be playing through a Van as my FRFR. :0)

Sarasota swing. Great see you st Pete! I don't think I'd played St. Pete since 1991. :0)

Mule man26 great. That place in Dunedin is way cool. We play there maybe 2-3 times a year. Always fun. Larry that great meeting you there on your birthday.

Larry's camera turned it upside down. Lol! Thanks for the pic Larry you're a great player and all around wonderful person.

Back
Top Bottom