I lost the love of my life, my muse and inspiration and sens of living on 10th of August

raccoon

Experienced
My wife and love of my life passed away on August the 10th while I’ve holding her at the palliative ward in hospital.
So cancer again has taken a loved human from our midst.

One day before our 22. anniversary, the day we met and have been together since then.

After 33 months of fighting with pride and positivity she decided to stop all treatments because she didn’t want to be bound in bed and not able to do anything.
5 weeks before her leaving she was at home after a week in the hospital and feeling better with confidence for the future and making plans for our garden for the next year.

The cancer has not won, because she lived longer than 80% of women with the same diagnosis and stadium.
The cancer lost, because without her, it is not able to live too.

The doctors said to me that the naturality and calmness she accepted the situation is something they see very seldom there and that I can be proud of her.
I was proud of her all the 22 years we’ve had together.

I’ve spent the last 5 days with a 2nd bed in the room on her side until she took her final breath.

She was my muse and the only person whose opinion was always important to me
about the things I’ve done or had to make decisions.

I will alway love her and will never forget her.

I wrote about her earlier in the thread of Todd D. Bishop and can feel with his wife and have
understanding for both because we were in similar situations.

I will not be active for the next time.
Planning the funeral and the party she wanted for her leaving - yes a party with laughing and music.
She didn’t want the people mourning.

She will get a tree burrial she wanted in a forrest near our village.

So take care of yourself and the ones you love.

My condolences raccoon. I lost my father to cancer, and was with him when he passed. Such is life, and sometimes it’s not good. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

I'm sure she will be at her party with you and by your side until you see her again. Wishing you and all who loved her the strength to shoulder this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost both my parents and can say dealing with such loss is very hard. But with time it gets better and the light returns. I'm sure your loss will be even harder to get through, but you will and joy will return. Condolences on your loss!

Sorry to hear. Loss is unfortunately part of life. I find it’s the habits and daily behaviors that become the most difficult part. Remember the good times, but you must also take care of yourself. Take your time, but move forward as you can, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

You can do this.

My wife and love of my life passed away on August the 10th while I’ve holding her at the palliative ward in hospital.
So cancer again has taken a loved human from our midst.

One day before our 22. anniversary, the day we met and have been together since then.

After 33 months of fighting with pride and positivity she decided to stop all treatments because she didn’t want to be bound in bed and not able to do anything.
5 weeks before her leaving she was at home after a week in the hospital and feeling better with confidence for the future and making plans for our garden for the next year.

The cancer has not won, because she lived longer than 80% of women with the same diagnosis and stadium.
The cancer lost, because without her, it is not able to live too.

The doctors said to me that the naturality and calmness she accepted the situation is something they see very seldom there and that I can be proud of her.
I was proud of her all the 22 years we’ve had together.

I’ve spent the last 5 days with a 2nd bed in the room on her side until she took her final breath.

She was my muse and the only person whose opinion was always important to me
about the things I’ve done or had to make decisions.

I will alway love her and will never forget her.

I wrote about her earlier in the thread of Todd D. Bishop and can feel with his wife and have
understanding for both because we were in similar situations.

I will not be active for the next time.
Planning the funeral and the party she wanted for her leaving - yes a party with laughing and music.
She didn’t want the people mourning.

She will get a tree burrial she wanted in a forrest near our village.

So take care of yourself and the ones you love.
So very sorry, I'm a cancer survivor myself and lost my father and step mother to the disease. Sending love to you and your family.

Sorry for the passing of your wife. Your post reflects the blessings she was, in your life. And how she supported your music. Life goes by way too fast.

So sorry to hear of this. It is so hard to lose someone close to you but I can't imagine what losing your wife or husband, or a child would be like. I have lost several brothers & sisters in the last few years to cancers & car accidents but not a spouse or child. My heart goes out to you my friend. Hang in there and remember and be grateful for the good times you shared together.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a loved one to illness is a tragic part of life. May you find peace and comfort in knowing that your loved one is not suffering anymore.

My condolences man, terrible journey this must have been, take care.

I also want to say that this forum is quite a special place, where people can share utter joy, sorrow, be open and/or vulnerable, and people from all over the world share their support, advice and compassion on so many levels. Not to be taken for granted.

Back
Top Bottom