I Lost my wife last night

View attachment 86195
After a horrific five year battle with cancer my life partner is finally out of pain.

She walked in to one of my shows 24 years ago and we’ve been together ever since.we never saw the point of a formal ceremony but we shared all of life’s ups and downs and were as there for each other as much as any couple could ever be.

Its a rare thing to find someone who could put up with a music obsessed musician for 24 years. I know it wasn’t easy.

I could always call her in the middle of the night to talk about how my show went. I’m going to miss that.

Love you babe! I’ve lost my anchor and I’m so lost without you.
My heart goes out to you. Sorry for your loss.

My condolences and prayers to you and your family, brother. I can not even imagine what you are going through. As others have said, remember the good/happy times. This life is fleeting, we shouldn't take one moment for granted.

I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm at the age where I have lost many old friends, family and band members. My drummer also lost his wife of 25 years, a year ago.

I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm at the age where I have lost many old friends, family and band members. My drummer also lost his wife of 25 years, a year ago.
Yeah, that’s the part about getting old that I hate the most. I can handle being fatter and uglier and slowing down and having everything hurt all the time. I knew that stuff was coming.
I wasn’t ready to outlive everyone I cared about.

How're you going mate?
Pauly
Thanks for asking Pauly.
I’m hanging in there. Had a couple of better days and then fell back into the abyss yesterday. To be expected.

Picked up her remains from the crematorium this morning and am working to get her laid to rest in Estes Park Colorado. Was her favorite place on earth.

I want to personally thank everyone who has responded with such kind words. Really helped me feel less alone.
Music does have the power of reaching everyone and I have really felt the bond with all my brother guitarists.

Thanks to all!

Thanks for asking Pauly.
I’m hanging in there. Had a couple of better days and then fell back into the abyss yesterday. To be expected.

Picked up her remains from the crematorium this morning and am working to get her laid to rest in Estes Park Colorado. Was her favorite place on earth.

I want to personally thank everyone who has responded with such kind words. Really helped me feel less alone.
Music does have the power of reaching everyone and I have really felt the bond with all my brother guitarists.

Thanks to all!
Keep on keepin man. Like they say, painful as it is, and I don't mean to minimize that at all, these things too shall pass.

I guess that abyss will keep popping up from time to time unfortunately. Hope you find a nice spot for her and are keeping busy.
Thanks
Pauly

Thanks for asking Pauly.

Thanks to all!

Sorry for your loss!

In time you will focus on the time you had together, not the time lost. That in itself is a blessing.

Estes is beautiful. I live in Denver, so love to visit for a weekend. Good choice.

Ron

Music is the language of pure soul, and know that your musical brothers and sisters are sharing their souls with you in support right now. Even though her record has stopped playing, the music of her soul will be with you forever.

Back
Top Bottom