I like bananas, but I don't like banana flavored things.

I dont like strawberries but I like strawberry flavored things. Go figure.
+1
Though I don't dislike strawberries, I never find myself wanting a real strawberry. Strawberry jam though, those hard candies with the jelly in the middle? I'm in.
tl;dr Banana flavoring is based on a different type of banana than we're used to
Can modern science not bring back this banana? This needs to be a priority for science. Someone call Elon.

Who invented grape flavoring and why? It's nothing like grapes.
+1
I don't even know what they were doing with this one, it has nothing to do with grapes. It's always nuclear purple too, like...why?
Fanny Dooley loves puppies but hates dogs.
I'm offended.
Though in my experience it's kind of the opposite. Love both, but don't like living through the puppy phase. Mature doggo is peak doggo.

Banana flavoring uses 3-Methylbutyl acetate which is one of the compounds that naturally occurs in bananas but not the sole source of banana flavor. It is entirely reasonable to like the natural banana flavor but not like the less nuanced flavor provided by the oil.

After COVID some fruits don't smell or taste right to me anymore Bananas being one of them. Most all soaps and shampoos smell like some sort of industrial lubricant even the perfumed one, totally sucks.

Back
Top Bottom