I know it's been asked-but AX8-

I did a bit of searching but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone know if the AX-8 will have a MIDI IN connection? And has a photo of the rear panel been posted anywhere? Thanks.

There are no sound samples that I know of, HOWEVER, Cliff recently reiterated that the source code base is the same for the AX8 as the Axe-FX II. This means that the sound will be (nearly?) identical. I say nearly because I don't know if amp sims will run in high-res mode or not. Not that I can really hear a difference anyway.
Maybe Beta testers do know..howbeit, I don't ask that question for reasons of sound quality; with FAS reputation this is somehow the last of my concerns. It would above all be an irrefutable proof of it's availability on the catalogue soon.
Well, as nothing concrete came in return, I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks until october 1st. No sweat.

Sept 12th today....I can't really see how they can have it ready for oct 1st now :ambivalence:

Cliff has said a couple of times that units are in production and on schedule for October.

Hoping for some news soon... :)

Me too. I'm really surprised that Fractal has not provided any more information or a picture of the back of the unit with the expected availability in less than a month. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this unit, soon!

I assume the chassis for the AX8 is the same, as dimensions go, as the FX8?
Has this been covered before? Can't remember, really

C,mon Cliff!! Please at least just settle us down by giving us all the update we are screaming for!! Price, and release date. With September already almost half over, something with meat on it would be awesome? Dont mean any disrespect just thought by now that at least a price would be known being so close to release? Thanks

Cliff,

Allow me to ask you 2 questions (and sorry if it has been discussed previously):

1.- Will the AX8 be able to "work" with a real midi head amp (for example, a Diezel), and be used as an Effect unit and change programs/channels etc? (when wanted) and use amps/simulations when needed? (basically like 4CM)???

2.- Can the Ax8 also controll the AXE-II, and work simply as a foot-controller???

Thank you so much (and I hope these questions won't sound stupid).

Two things that are bothering me, when I think about MIDI connectivity of AX8 / 4cm method:

1. Would it be possible to assign any CC message to any button, and if so - how many CCs the AX8 is able to transfer with one button press.

2. Will there be a "silent switching" mechanism implemented (sort of rapid volume fade out, which I liked in POD HD for example - it perfectly cured some issues with pops and clicks in real amp during channel switching by MIDI)

And now for something completely different - would the looper length be the same as in FX8? :)

I figure Cliff has amassed a wealth of Hard Learned Knowledge about releasing TOO much information before having product in-hand...
We are a decent bunch for the most part... but we turn savage real quick!

Cliff,

Allow me to ask you 2 questions (and sorry if it has been discussed previously):

1.- Will the AX8 be able to "work" with a real midi head amp (for example, a Diezel), and be used as an Effect unit and change programs/channels etc? (when wanted) and use amps/simulations when needed? (basically like 4CM)???

2.- Can the Ax8 also controll the AXE-II, and work simply as a foot-controller???

Thank you so much (and I hope these questions won't sound stupid).

These are good questions that I'm hoping we'll learn the answers to "soon" (Oct 1 is right around the corner). I'm really hoping that the audio path upgrades on the FX8 made it to the AX8. Also wondering about the relays - I think I read somewhere that the relay outs on the FX8 are replaced with 2 additional pedal inputs on the AX8. So guessing the Relay block isn't included - but what about the MIDI block?

I want the form factor and audio path quality of the FX8 but a little more flexibility in the grid, and being able to rehearse "offline" without the tube amp would be a fantastic addition.

backpanel posted on the f8 discussion thread

The back photo actually came from this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/104420-ready-amp-show.html

IMG_0780.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32
Any idea if the output levels of the XLR and unbalanced 1/4" can be adjusted separately? This is how I use the Axe-FX, since the XLRs go to the board and the unbalanced go to my FRFR, which I like to adjust independent of what's being sent to the board.

Any idea if the output levels of the XLR and unbalanced 1/4" can be adjusted separately? This is how I use the Axe-FX, since the XLRs go to the board and the unbalanced go to my FRFR, which I like to adjust independent of what's being sent to the board.

No, and they can't on the Axe-Fx either. Now if you mean the XLRs on the main outputs vs. the FX Sends, yes those are independently adjustable but, like the Axe-Fx, you lose your fx loop.

Ah, yes. That's what I meant, thanks. It has been years since I actually read the labels in the back of the box.

It seems like the AX8 is made and ready to go according to the posted pictures, so why isn't it up on the Fractal Purchase site even though the Oct 1st date was mentioned?

Back
Top Bottom