I know it's been asked-but AX8-

I think you did't understand my post. I did not talk about any details. I said that the details you asked about have not been revealed yet. Maybe I could have worded it better, when I said "these details have not been revealed yet" I meant "the details you are asking about have not been revealed yet".

We all know how it's going to sound. Do you have an AxeII or have you ever heard an AxeII? Then you know how it will sound.

There's enough basic information for me to get excited. AxeII amps/cabs/effects in a floor unit? I'm in.

I still believe there will "not" be any pay for amps crap. If there is I am out, because then you are talking about copyrights, Ilok maybe, activation.........what dreamkiller that is. Too much of a hassle for FAS. You get what you get.......MO of course
I really wish folks would stop saying that- It was only mentioned by a forum member because he wanted it that way for a cheaper option, ever , has FAS ever said, hinted or commented in that direction. So why keep saying maybe or might.

I'll go by what FAS says, not a forum member wish.

I still believe there will "not" be any pay for amps crap. If there is I am out, because then you are talking about copyrights, Ilok maybe, activation.........what dreamkiller that is. Too much of a hassle for FAS. You get what you get.......MO of course
I really wish folks would stop saying that- It was only mentioned by a forum member because he wanted it that way for a cheaper option, ever , has FAS ever said, hinted or commented in that direction. So why keep saying maybe or might.

I'll go by what FAS says, not a forum member wish.

Actually, Cliff did hint at the possibility.

Post 429
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-im-just-going-leave-here-22.html#post1159763

How on earth did I miss this?

To me, this version looks much more prettierthan the first shown some time ago

The earlier one was a prototype. This is a production sample.

Re. the various questions:
1. There will be no pay-to-play stuff. All amp models from the Axe-Fx II will be included as well as all the Drives, etc.
2. Still hoping for October availability.
3. Price will be announced shortly.

No worries man. Was just recalling a previous post. Glad cliff cleared it up!

We (musicians) just don't get a break when it comes to software- some of the toughest copyrights around - I know some software other than music stuff use strict protection, but jeezzz even some inexpensive stuff for us have Iloks, and all
kinds of pace this and that stuff. Been like this for a pretty long time too.

Sad but I guess there must be some data somewhere that says we just pass stuff along. ********This post here has nothing to do with FAS, I mean this in the general sense obviously******

Wow Cliff! Very excited. Thank you for posting.

All the amp models? That is truly amazing.

And... Fractal Audio's Commander-in-Chief once again squelches any fear about the company's ability to remain a superpower.

Does this come with a clear dome shield for drunks that get on stage and spill stuff?...
AX_8_prod_sample.jpg
I suggested that the second I saw the first one. Apparently no one at Fractal does gigs like mine. I hope those knobs are tough as shit or they'll eventually be taken out of commission.

Last year a couple bit the dust dancing and the woman came down so hard her head actually engaged the up-preset switch on my midi footswitch...ouch!

I think it would be pretty easy to find\make an acrylic\plastic, whatever cover for the knobs. I hope the knobs don't mean the editor won't work. I guess it should be easy to port axe edit to the ax8-I hope.

Looks great, can't wait...................

The earlier one was a prototype. This is a production sample.

Re. the various questions:
1. There will be no pay-to-play stuff. All amp models from the Axe-Fx II will be included as well as all the Drives, etc.
2. Still hoping for October availability.
3. Price will be announced shortly.

Thank you for this update. This is great and exciting news!

Move "AX8" logo down, make screen large. Done.

I'm not so concerned about the price, I expect it to be reasonable for what we get.
I'm not concerned about the Helix because despite its nice screen and I/O's I am confident it will not be a match for the Fractal unit when it comes to tone/sound quality and updates.
If there is going to be a wait list, I'd like to be able to have a way to be notified by Fractal so I can get on it ASAP. Other than checking here constantly I mean :)

Reactions: sam
Back
Top Bottom