I know ... I know.... An other Headphone Question ...

Thanks …. L output de mon Axe III était quasiment à fond lorsque j utilisais le Beyer 250 ohms , j imagine que ce serait pire avec celui ci …

I have two pairs of HD-650s because they're my favorite headphone. Not fatiguing, comfortable, lightweight - I can listen for hours. But I don't consider them neutral, and I didn't buy them for that. They are warm with a bit of high-end rolled off - terrific for listening to music. Not quite as terrific if you're trying to judge how bright of an amp tone you've dialed in (not that I let that stop me). So maybe a planar magnetic headphone like an Audeze or HiFiMAN would work for you. They come in different price points, but they're all pretty big on the noggin'.

I'd like to try the Beyerdynamic DT-1990. I've had a number of Beyer's headphones over the years.

I have two pairs of HD-650s because they're my favorite headphone. Not fatiguing, comfortable, lightweight - I can listen for hours. But I don't consider them neutral, and I didn't buy them for that. They are warm with a bit of high-end rolled off - terrific for listening to music. Not quite as terrific if you're trying to judge how bright of an amp tone you've dialed in (not that I let that stop me). So maybe a planar magnetic headphone like an Audeze or HiFiMAN would work for you. They come in different price points, but they're all pretty big on the noggin'.

I'd like to try the Beyerdynamic DT-1990. I've had a number of Beyer's headphones over the years.
Thanks for your words ,
The idea of Audeze Lc 2 is really attractive , now seeing how f I can afford the budget …..

Thanks for your words ,
The idea of Audeze Lc 2 is really attractive , now seeing how f I can afford the budget …..
It's been a while since I owned a pair of HiFiMAN headphones, but you might at least look into their Sundara if the LCD2 price point is too high.

It's been a while since I owned a pair of HiFiMAN headphones, but you might at least look into their Sundara if the LCD2 price point is too high.
I really don t know about Hifiman , will take a look , the problem is that it is impossible to find the first version of the LCD2 , buying it to the states adds custom fee … 20,6%… and shipping …

I’ve always been very fond of Grados; their on-ear SR325x is a real workhorse, and their over-ear models are sublime, with huge ear cups that make you feel like you’re playing in a room.

They’re open-air, so they’re not appropriate if you’re trying to be silent or record with a mic … but I love ’em.

Read through this thread , it'll save you having to buy expensive "neutral" headphones

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/not-really-digging-axe-thru-headphones.172140/page-3

Those Audeze LCD-2 seem to have a big dip in the 4500k

which our ears are most sensitive around that frequency so...
will work well with long listening sessions but obviously not true neutral if the headphones are cutting around 4.5k!

and probably would sound muddy considering the big bump around the 200hz , here's a photo for reference , the red line is it's frequency response compared to true neutral

Attachments

• Audeze LCD-2.png
    Audeze LCD-2.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 10
I’m liking the Sennheiser HD 300 Pro right now. It’s got the non fatiguing Sennheiser frequency profile and is closed back. Less bright than AT M50X but better isolation than and HD600 series.

I have the Sennheiser HD-650, and the FX3 drives them with no problem.

If you want to, it's easy to build a Graphic EQ block to offset the little bit of coloration, and drop that into a preset just ahead of the OUT block. When I'm adjusting EQ in a preset, or just need to check that it sounds correctly I'll do that.

Those Audeze LCD-2 seem to have a big dip in the 4500k

which our ears are most sensitive around that frequency so...
will work well with long listening sessions but obviously not true neutral if the headphones are cutting around 4.5k!

and probably would sound muddy considering the big bump around the 200hz , here's a photo for reference , the red line is it's frequency response compared to true neutral

I don't know where that graphic comes from, but I measured my LCD-2 with a NTi M2230 Class 1 Certified Reference Microphone (I don't own that $2,000 microphone, I borrowed it from my workplace 😅 ), and the result was a wide flat line

I don't know where that graphic comes from, but I measured my LCD-2 with a NTi M2230 Class 1 Certified Reference Microphone (I don't own that $2,000 microphone, I borrowed it from my workplace 😅 ), and the result was a wide flat line

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

How about the Shure SRH 1840? Highly respected apparently, and 60 ohms... They are open back though. I believe the closed back version is the 1540.
The 1840s ..Wide open sound, they sound like I’m listening though my KRK Vt6’s except they do lack lower bass and mids. Unless they fixed the issue, the cable connections (where they attach to the phones), aren’t great.

Just a comment that I have NO problems driving my HD650s with the Axe Fx III.

They are really nice headphones.

I have a pair of the 600’s ..which are very close in characteristic to the Shure 1840s. The 1840s do offer better definition by my ears, but the Senns are more pleasant for general listening. Not tried the 650s, but if they are a step-up in any-way from the 600s? ..for the cash, I doubt a person could do much better bang-for-the-buck wise.

The DT 1990 Pros have worked out great for this very purpose.

These are my current headphones. They are not as spatially open as the Senns or the Shures above, but I kinda figured they sacrificed a little venting to help shore-up some of the lower frequencies. IMO, they’re spectacular. These retired my Shure 1840s.

The AXElll will power any of these headphones easily and will wind these up to “Oh, Mamma!” levels, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom