I Knew Sandler Could Play...

I’m quite impressed..... got to be hard to play in front of that sized audience solo even if your main gig is guitar, but to do that song, solo, and vocals and nail it is really impressive. Far more than just an actor or stand up guy. True performer

Very nicely done....beside the obvious real emotion of the performance and the surprising chops, made me think of what a decent band could be assembled with SNL cast alumni who are still alive.....
Drums: Dana Carvey and Fred Armisen
Bass: Harry Shearer
keys: Paul Shaffer, Chevy chase
guitar: Sandler, Christopher Guest
Vocal: an abundance of choice, Any of the above, or Eddie, or Jimmy Fallon, Kate McKinnon, or.....
Harp: Dan Aykroyd
Cowbell: Will Ferrell

Very nicely done....beside the obvious real emotion of the performance and the surprising chops, made me think of what a decent band could be assembled with SNL cast alumni who are still alive.....
Drums: Dana Carvey and Fred Armisen
Bass: Harry Shearer
keys: Paul Shaffer, Chevy chase
guitar: Sandler, Christopher Guest
Vocal: an abundance of choice, Any of the above, or Eddie, or Jimmy Fallon, Kate McKinnon, or.....
Harp: Dan Aykroyd
Cowbell: Will Ferrell
I’d go see that.
BTW didn’t know that about Harry Shearer. Edit: didn’t realize that was him in Spinal Tap.

That was so f*cking great. Brought a tear to my eye.

Let's be honest, Sandler could have been Bruce Springsteen if he wanted.

You should watch Uncut Gems, recent movie. Serious role. Fantastic performance.

Have you seen Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love?

I’d go see that.
BTW didn’t know that about Harry Shearer. Edit: didn’t realize that was him in Spinal Tap.
Have been a fan of his (and his very talented wife's) music for many , many years, he has done innumerable parodies, ditties and serious compositions for his LeShow , and he has been by far the most active post Tap member in his Derek Smalls persona, has recorded multiple solo efforts (the latest one is a guest star filled hoot) . he and Judith do a Christmas residency for a few days every year at a wonderful little venue in Evanston Il with my old dear friend and band chum CJ Vanston, who has been Harry's MD (as well as Spinal Tap's tour keyboardist (hasn't blown up in over 20 years at the gig..he also does all of the scoring for Chris Guests movies...).

Back
Top Bottom