I Keep Going Back to EV and QSC

rrogers

Inspired
The FRFR shopping experience is incredibly frustrating. Music sounds good through most speakers I try. Use my Axe (factor presets) and pre-recorded music through several powered monitors/speakers at a range of prices.

I keep coming back to the QSC K10 (sounds great w/ a P-Bass strung with flats and the Axe as the pre) as my first choice and the EV ZLX-12 as my second choice. Either speaker seems like it would work well as a stage monitor when going FOH or as sole sound source for small rooms where only the vocals go through the PA.

Mixed reviews on both have me doubting my choices, but I know I should just trust my ears.

Damn the individual who invented IRs and the ability to accurately model a range of speakers and cabinets.

If they're close in 'sound', consider other aspects, like weight/portability, appearance... I get inspired looking at the cool instruments and gear I use. Check the return/exchange policy where you're going to purchase from. Leave the option open to change your mind. ;)

Ears dude.. I've been using a k12 for ages with great success.. no need to chase that stupid dragon for me. my patches sound great live through a bunch of pa's.

Ears dude.. I've been using a k12 for ages with great success.. no need to chase that stupid dragon for me. my patches sound great live through a bunch of pa's.

Everytime I see a K12 post, I know it is one from you. :)

I'm really interested in how the K10 and K12 sounds with the AxeFX-II

Nothing wrong here. If you like it go for it. I used a k12 in the beginning and have played through the EV's. I sounded great through both and patches made there translated well. There were things I didn't like which lead me to a different solution. If you like them, get them. After that ignore threads about other speaker solutions so they don't get in your head and cloud your judgement

I will be buying a set of speakers for at home practice space. I am going to get a small USB board for a mic, acoustic guitar and AX8. I play acoustic, baritone acoustic and various electrics, standard tuning down to drop A#, baritone electric. Question being is the EV ZLX 15" 2-way Powered Speaker a better option for the lower tunings and acoustic vs the K12's. QSC doesn't make a K15 so this is basically a 12" vs 15" question. The K12's are a little high quality that I suppose are engineered to provide great bass response. This will be my first PA set up. Thanks

I will be buying a set of speakers for at home practice space. I am going to get a small USB board for a mic, acoustic guitar and AX8. I play acoustic, baritone acoustic and various electrics, standard tuning down to drop A#, baritone electric. Question being is the EV ZLX 15" 2-way Powered Speaker a better option for the lower tunings and acoustic vs the K12's. QSC doesn't make a K15 so this is basically a 12" vs 15" question. The K12's are a little high quality that I suppose are engineered to provide great bass response. This will be my first PA set up. Thanks

tenor.gif

That font???? lol

My friend has the K10's and loves them!

Reactions: BBN
no need to yell

The k12 puts out some major bass if you want it to, Maybe go to GC or somewhere that has both with some recorded reference material you are familiar with and blast through both.

Back
Top Bottom