I Just.....

MatchFive

Ordered an AX8!!!!!

I'm so stoked! I've wanted one for a while. Had to wait for the right time, and that right time happened to be this morning. I'm glad that they were still in stock. I decided to go ahead and get the extended three year warranty just in case. I've been watching tones of Youtube clips on the AX8.

You guys have any suggestions on some good video instructional clips?

Life will never be the same....Leon Todd as well as many others has a you tube channel that has several really good AX8 how to videos....also a must read is Yek's guide to the Fractal Amps which is on here somewhere....Congratulations!

I used to own a Carol-Ann OD2r and a Splawn Nitro.. I was pretty stoked to see those as amp models.. I understand the Dumble models are really awesome as well..

Congratulations and welcome! The AX8 is the best investment I have ever made in a piece of gear and after 2 years I am still learning the ins and outs. I assume if you have owned CA and Splawn amps then you are a rock-metal guy so Leon will be a great resource for you. Depending on whether or not you are a tweaker, you can dive super deep into the amp/cab/effects parameters or you can find an amp/cab you like, dial in the gain and just play. Make sure you play at a high enough volume to move some air and invest in a quality FRFR or set of monitors. You won't do the unit justice without proper amplification. On top of that, Fractal's customer service is second-to-none and this forum is full of extremely helpful people. It is the best online forum I have ever participated in. Good luck and enjoy!

I assume you use the AX8 Edit to upload IRs into the AX8. I already used the Cab Lab to convert some Ownhammer and Celestion IRs into the correct format. Does anyone know how many external IRs the AX8 will hold?

I assume you use the AX8 Edit to upload IRs into the AX8. I already used the Cab Lab to convert some Ownhammer and Celestion IRs into the correct format. Does anyone know how many external IRs the AX8 will hold?
Fire up AX8-Edit and select "Manage Cabs". That will allow you to organize your IRs. I don't know the exact number off the top of my head, but it is a lot. More information on that can be found in the Wiki.

Congrats!!! You are going to love the AX8!!!

I just traded my Axe Fx II XL + cash for an AX8 and i'm so happy i did!!! I just wanted an all in one solution i could gig with the AX8 completely does just that for me! I may not be able to do tone match and run a million effects, but i was never into that. If i tones of effect i can use scenes or just make the same patch with different effects on each one. There is more that enough preset slots for this as well!

Awesome, Congrats!!! I just got mine a week ago. What I found was the best way to start was to ignore the factory presets. I went through them all, and they were very bland to me. I connected to my computer, got axe edit going, created a basic preset with just a 5153 since I used to have one, and am very familiar with it. I left the settings alone, went through some 4x12 cabs in axe edit search works great for that, also click on the pin so that you can go through cabs without the window closing. Once I had a good sounding cab I played with the amp settings, and had a killer tone within minutes. I played around adding reverb, delay, drive pedals, EQ etc. Starting from scratch with a familiar amp sim really let me dive in, and get inspired really fast!!

After that I downloaded some patches from youtube videos like Leon Todd's Metallica patches which are awesome!!!!

Biggest thing is don't get too deep into tweeking, and forget to have fun rocking out!!!

512 in the user bank !!!

Cliche post... Welcome to the Machine! Now plan on a lot of sleepless nights fir quite a few weeks if not a few months.

Check out Leon Todd's stuff on the AX8, especially if you like rock tones. He has done whole walkthroughs and has tons of great information and free patches.

Back
Top Bottom