I just took a factory preset from 78% CPU to 45%

mikeyg

Experienced
It was labeled “Light FX” yet nearly every block was used in one row.

I shunted everything for effects except Delay and Reverb, ran them in parallel, stereo outs. No change to reverb quality.

45%!

Ive built many presets from scratch and they were all 53 to 65 CPU...

clear out what you’re not using folks!

It was labeled “Light FX” yet nearly every block was used in one row.

I shunted everything for effects except Delay and Reverb, ran them in parallel, stereo outs. No change to reverb quality.

45%!

Ive built many presets from scratch and they were all 53 to 65 CPU...

blocks that are Bypassed still use CPU. if you remove blocks like that, yes, CPU is reduced.

Factory presets are just a tour of basic tones and capabilities. They're kitchen sink demos and not really meant to be an off-the-shelf solution for what you really need to do for your use case. The first bunch are basically copy pasta with literally just different amps and if you roll through the scenes they just activate bypassed blocks. It's not reasonable to assume that you want a rotary block in all 100 of your presets. That's just silly. All you're really supposed to do with them is look at them and fool around with the parameters to get an idea of how they work.

Once you get a feel for ol girl, you want to be overwriting all those with your own stuff or stuff you buy or get off AxeChange.

Be the AxeChange you want to see in the world.

It's not reasonable to assume that you want a rotary block in all 100 of your presets. That's just silly.
It's quite reasonable if, like me, you love the sound of a guitar through a Leslie. I cut my teeth on that sound and when I discovered Strymon's Lex I had a permanent pedal on my board, and used that sound in the modelers I was using. It's in the majority of my presets, whereas many other people's boards and presets have wah pedals.

Last edited:
When I hit Delete, it removes the effect. It doesn't stop the signal path.
Because of this (Manual p. 40):
A shortcut makes it easy to remove an existing block or convert it to a shunt. Select the block and press the DELETE button (Push-knob C). A deleted block is replaced by a shunt. Delete a shunt to leave an empty space.

It's quite reasonable if, like me, you love the sound of a guitar through a Leslie. I cut my teeth on that sound and when I discovered Strymon's Lex I had a permanent pedal on my board, and used that sound in the modelers I was using. It's in the majority of my presets, whereas many other people's boards and presets have wah pedals.
Oh my dude that was an EXAMPLE.

OK let's change it to envelope filter and see who thinks that what I wrote is specifically about them.

Sorry... I have Rotary, Wah, Envelope Filter in all my presets (among other effects).

But they're all kitchen sink monstrosities ;)
800px-Garbage_plate.jpg

The Garbage Plate.

Back
Top Bottom