• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

I just pulled the trigger on an Axe-FX III!!!

boyedav

Ordered yesterday. I sat on the fence too long and didn't order in time to have it for the upcoming long weekend. D'oh!

I actually had an Axe-FX II XL+ for a bit and ended up selling it. I probably just needed to be more patient. It's occurred to me that I've spent 25+ years becoming proficient at dialing in pedals and traditional amps, swapping in different preamp tubes, etc. Getting a good base tone isn't that tough, it's that last 5-10% that takes the time and effort. I need to give myself a similar amount of runway when it comes to the Axe-FX. I'm hopeful that it'll become my main rig for gigging, and I even purchased the 3-year warranty because I'm optimistic I'll be holding onto it.

I thought about just getting an Ax8 for the grab-and-go aspect, but it sounds like the changes they've been able to implement with the amp modelling algorithms because of the increased processing power make the Axe III a better choice for me. And even though I don't layer a lot of effects, it'll be a long time before I'll run out of processing power, if ever ;-)

Plus, who doesn't love new gear?

bdrepko

Fractal Fanatic
I actually had an Axe-FX II XL+ for a bit and ended up selling it. I probably just needed to be more patient.
It seems much easier to get a good sound on the AXE3 than it was on the XL or AX8. A lot of the presets are a great starting point.

Top Bottom