AFIII I just needed to make something.

@York Audio - i can't see this question anywhere in the thread (unless I'm blind) - but what amp is that.
Awesome combination of crunchy and warm with clarity.

Making these packs is a lot of fun, but sometimes I get so wrapped up in capturing things that I forget to take a breath and CREATE something. For some reason, the raw energy, the massive wall of guitars, and chaotic feeling in music from the 90's and 2000's has been really inspiring lately. Maybe seeing the light at the end of the pandemic is revealing some pent up anxiety and aggression and playing overly distorted riffs somehow makes me feel better. So here's a little song sketch I made today... I'm pretty sure 95% of you guys will hate it, but it just felt like something I needed to make and trying not to worrying about "what people will think about it."

Please don't judge the mix too harshly. I didn't spend any time tweaking presets or tone hunting... just wanted to lay something down and let the moment be what it was without editing parts or playing things until they were perfect. I'll probably delete the clip soon, but briefly wanted to share it with you all in case anyone else out there feels like they just need to MAKE something that helps them feel better.

Hey Justin.
You are so seriously badass! Every single one of your "sketches" is plain fantastic. This one is no exception.
I'd gladly buy your next album. Please call it Sketches of Badassery! (Just kidding!!!)

Anyway - tone, mix, playing, textures, emotion, feel - 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10.

@York Audio - i can't see this question anywhere in the thread (unless I'm blind) - but what amp is that.
Awesome combination of crunchy and warm with clarity.
It’s been a while, but I think it’s the Solo Lead model. That’s easily my favorite high gain model in the Axe because it’s so clear and you really hear the character of the guitar you’re playing.

Hey Justin.
You are so seriously badass! Every single one of your "sketches" is plain fantastic. This one is no exception.
I'd gladly buy your next album. Please call it Sketches of Badassery! (Just kidding!!!)

Anyway - tone, mix, playing, textures, emotion, feel - 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10.
Man, thanks for the kind words. I never know how these clips will translate, so it means a lot that you like it so much!

Just listened to this again, so good, really!
Your combination of muscle and melodic interest just rocks.
I hope you can find your way to a serous band or solo gig that provides the opportunity to get your own thing out there.
Great stuff.
More!!!

Just listened to this again, so good, really!
Your combination of muscle and melodic interest just rocks.
I hope you can find your way to a serous band or solo gig that provides the opportunity to get your own thing out there.
Great stuff.
More!!!
Thanks Dave! I had forgotten about this track and was surprised to see the thread resurrected with so much positivity.

I listened to it again and had an idea for a cool project enlisting the help from some of my friends to create something fun for us without caring about charts, labels, or what’s “popular” now. It feels like music is in a transitional phase and people are starting to want more guitars again.

It could be cool or completely suck, but at least it’ll be fun. :)

Love the grove with the clean verses and heavy choruses sections....worthy of a good vocal.
Thanks man. I’ve got a couple singers in mind if my voice sounds like garbage on this song. 😬

Making these packs is a lot of fun, but sometimes I get so wrapped up in capturing things that I forget to take a breath and CREATE something. For some reason, the raw energy, the massive wall of guitars, and chaotic feeling in music from the 90's and 2000's has been really inspiring lately. Maybe seeing the light at the end of the pandemic is revealing some pent up anxiety and aggression and playing overly distorted riffs somehow makes me feel better. So here's a little song sketch I made today... I'm pretty sure 95% of you guys will hate it, but it just felt like something I needed to make and trying not to worrying about "what people will think about it."

Please don't judge the mix too harshly. I didn't spend any time tweaking presets or tone hunting... just wanted to lay something down and let the moment be what it was without editing parts or playing things until they were perfect. I'll probably delete the clip soon, but briefly wanted to share it with you all in case anyone else out there feels like they just need to MAKE something that helps them feel better.

This is freakin killer. What did you use during that washy trill section? I’ve been trying to recreate that sound and it’s the only sound I’m struggling with getting on my axe.

This is freakin killer. What did you use during that washy trill section? I’ve been trying to recreate that sound and it’s the only sound I’m struggling with getting on my axe.
Thanks man! I’ll look at the patch when I’m in front of the Axe again, but it was probably just the rhythm tone with a flanger, delay (probably mind guy with modulation depth down to around 10%), and a reverb (probably the London Plate) going into the amp. Sometimes I’ll use a tube screamer with low gain and slightly raised tone for a little something extra, but that’s it.

I’ll post the patch when I can. I know the cab was a single 58 from the DV77 pack, but I’ll give more specifics when I can. Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks man! I’ll look at the patch when I’m in front of the Axe again, but it was probably just the rhythm tone with a flanger, delay (probably mind guy with modulation depth down to around 10%), and a reverb (probably the London Plate) going into the amp. Sometimes I’ll use a tube screamer with low gain and slightly raised tone for a little something extra, but that’s it.

I’ll post the patch when I can. I know the cab was a single 58 from the DV77 pack, but I’ll give more specifics when I can. Thanks for the kind words!
You’re the man!

Awesome!

I like when the songs are not aggressive from start to the end, but leave some spaces to take a breath. This one does it nicely.

Back
Top Bottom