AFIII I just needed to make something.

Good and well done, sir! An enjoyable track all the way around and it's fairly well release quality on the mix. I'm not sure what you'd want to change up on it to put it out to the public writ large.

Good and well done, sir! An enjoyable track all the way around and it's fairly well release quality on the mix. I'm not sure what you'd want to change up on it to put it out to the public writ large.
Thanks! As far as mix stuff goes, I wish I had the drums set to multi-out to have more control over those elements. It would also be fun to mess with some multi-band compression, saturation, and find interesting delays and reverbs. That stuff doesn’t really matter in the context of just throwing down an idea, but things are gonna get really nerdy if this track ever becomes an actual song.

Making these packs is a lot of fun, but sometimes I get so wrapped up in capturing things that I forget to take a breath and CREATE something. For some reason, the raw energy, the massive wall of guitars, and chaotic feeling in music from the 90's and 2000's has been really inspiring lately. Maybe seeing the light at the end of the pandemic is revealing some pent up anxiety and aggression and playing overly distorted riffs somehow makes me feel better. So here's a little song sketch I made today... I'm pretty sure 95% of you guys will hate it, but it just felt like something I needed to make and trying not to worrying about "what people will think about it."

Please don't judge the mix too harshly. I didn't spend any time tweaking presets or tone hunting... just wanted to lay something down and let the moment be what it was without editing parts or playing things until they were perfect. I'll probably delete the clip soon, but briefly wanted to share it with you all in case anyone else out there feels like they just need to MAKE something that helps them feel better.

Wow awesome tone and playing that is really great

Ah man I love that recording! The riffs and the tones you used work so well together! Super keen for the pipes to be added!!

This needs to at least become an EP! Sounds awesome man!

Reminds me a little of Hum/FAR/etc a bit!

Back
Top Bottom