I just made a discovery (LF Jr. IA Linking content)

I've been trying to set up one physical IA switch on my LF Jr. (S2) to control the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Pitch shifter on my Axe-FX. I can't assign them all to a group, because there are times that I want more than one of those effects on at a time. So I figgered I'd do it with IA linking - assign each effect to its own IA switch, and link them to S2. So I assigned them like this:

S2 - Chorus
S6 - Flanger
S10 - Phaser
S14 - Pitch

I linked 6, 10, and 14 directly to 2, and at that point the problems started. What I found was this: when I stepped on S2, it would control the Chorus and the Flanger, but not the Phaser or Pitch. After pounding my head against the wall for a bit, it occurred to me that perhaps you can only link one IA directly to another IA - so S2 was controlling the Chorus directly, and controlling the Flanger through the first IA link, but ignoring the other two. So then I tried linking them sequentially, like this: S2 > S6 > S10 > S14. Voila!!! Everything is working like a charm now.

So am I correct in surmising that an IA switch can only link directly to one other IA switch?
It's not a problem for me, just want to make sure I'm reasoning through this correctly.

If I understand what you are trying to do (which I may well not do) it might be eaiser to do it in the Axe. You could do it like this..

1. Assign LF S2 to which ever IA you like.
2. Setup AxeFX external controller to use that IA.
3. Still inside the Axe set the bypass of each effect that you want to use in the patch to use the external controller assigned above.

This way you can assign the same command to one, some or all of the effects that you need.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Spence

Well, I've already figured out how to do what I need to do, which is to control multiple effect blocks from one physical switch. Your approach would work as well. My question has more to do with making sure I correctly understand the capabilities of the LF Jr.

My question is - am I correct in thinking that you can only link an IA switch directly to ONE other IA switch? Or is it possible to link an IA switch directly to MULTIPLE IA switches, and I'm just doing something wrong?

I could just ask Jeff, but it's a low-priority issue and he's already working on something else for me. Also, I thought it might be helpful to have the information posted publicly in case anyone else encounters this issue.

Ah ok,

I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid, I've not read anywhere that this possible to link one IA to multiple though.

Spence

bkd_guitarist said:
Well, I've already figured out how to do what I need to do, which is to control multiple effect blocks from one physical switch. Your approach would work as well. My question has more to do with making sure I correctly understand the capabilities of the LF Jr.

My question is - am I correct in thinking that you can only link an IA switch directly to ONE other IA switch? Or is it possible to link an IA switch directly to MULTIPLE IA switches, and I'm just doing something wrong?

I could just ask Jeff, but it's a low-priority issue and he's already working on something else for me. Also, I thought it might be helpful to have the information posted publicly in case anyone else encounters this issue.

I came to the same conclusion. would be nice to be able to switch more than one IA.
would also be nice if the light of that IA would change accordingly the state

voes said:
I came to the same conclusion. would be nice to be able to switch more than one IA.
would also be nice if the light of that IA would change accordingly the state

Maybe this could be included in a future firmware update.

;) I hear you both.

make sure to download the new editor as well. It has a preset sorter screen for very quick renaming, preset insert, delete, and drag-and-drop moving around of presets... its in beta demo and downloadable at the web-site.

Back
Top Bottom