I just have to say...

Holy crap! This thing is nothing short of amazing. I have been playing guitar for something like 13 years and I have played everything from a Line 6 POD XT, to boutique Fuchs amps and this thing just does it for me!

I bought an Axe FX II (MK I), Matrix GT1000FX, MFC-101 and I play through a Mesa 4x12 with Vintage 30's. Seriously, I know I am telling you all everything you already know, but the ability to have *almost* any sound at the press of a few buttons AND IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS GOOD, just turns me on.

I love my 6534+, but it is a lot to setup at practice and shows and not nearly as versatile.

I was considering a Kemper over the Axe, but a few things changed my mind:

1) The Axe Fx can tone match too

2) Kemper doesn't have a computer interface. Everything is done on the front of the unit and that is extremely frustrating for me. Bring a laptop, and tweak during practice if I need to.

3) The Kemper takes up 3 rack spaces

4) There are many more routing options and the ability to set the Axe up to process two guitar players in real time. (useful until our other guitar player gets his)

5) The Axe is much more tweakable than the Kemper is. Once you have your IR in the Kemper that's kind of it. The Axe, you don't like something, dial it out! Kemper, back to the studio OR you lost out on money if you paid for the preset.

6) The effects inside of the Axe are leaps and bounds beyond the Kemper. It isn't even a competition.

7) The MFC-101 is awesome and very customize-able, while the Kemper's foot controller really....isn't.

I hope this might help someone pull the trigger. I did, and I regret nothing.

FAS has my support. Thank you Fractal team, and I'm sorry I couldn't buy a new unit. You guys deserve it, seriously. Some day...

I've been around since the Axe Ultra days, and while I don't often chime in, I'm glad to see the impact of this equipment is still being felt out there by newcomers.

I can still remember walking into Cliff's office and my Axe II was sitting on his desk ready to roll home with me. Thankfully I didn't get a ticket as I sped home with it. I haven't looked back since, and still use the exact same unit these years later. Best guitar related purchase I've ever made bar none.

Enjoy your time with it, I think you will find something new to do with it nearly each time you power it up. ;-)

I've been around since the Axe Ultra days, and while I don't often chime in, I'm glad to see the impact of this equipment is still being felt out there by newcomers.

I can still remember walking into Cliff's office and my Axe II was sitting on his desk ready to roll home with me. Thankfully I didn't get a ticket as I sped home with it. I haven't looked back since, and still use the exact same unit these years later. Best guitar related purchase I've ever made bar none.

Enjoy your time with it, I think you will find something new to do with it nearly each time you power it up. ;-)

Yeah man, I've been downloading presets and playing/learning songs that I never bothered with because I have no desire to own a Fender Deluxe Reverb or the money for a Diezel Herbert. Being able to go through and see why a Diezel, Bogner or Freidman is so awesome is inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom