I just got my ax8 a week and a half ago and its making a clicking noise now

Whenever I plug in to play out of my k10 straight from my guitar the speaker is quiet with no hum and sounds great but when I connect my ax8 through it the hum is drastically present and it makes a clicking noise while I'm playing. Im very disappointed since this is my first fractal product and I thought I would be solving lots of issues by switching to this system. It has left my house twice for practice and I know I haven't dinged it on anything and have a case for it too. Not sure whats going on here but have any of you had similar issues?

It's it a regular click? With a regular tempo/cadence? Or is it irregular?

Do you have any MIDI cables or such lying near your power or guitar cables?

Its pretty irregular with it typically occurring while I pick or strum. I have a midi cable plugged into my keyboard and computer a couple feet away but I haven't had this issue before this morning and nothing has moved in my little home studio besides the ax8 and the k10 when I have rehearsal.

I use a similar set up and I have not seen this issue unless I clip the output by making the patch to loud. How are you connecting the AX8 to the K10?

I agree it sounds like clipping the AX8 output, turn your amp block level down, and check the AX8 VU meter to see the level.

With regards to hum, are you connecting to the K10 with 1/4" or XLR? If 1/4" are you using a Humbuster cable?

I am using a normal 1/4" cable thats about 6 ft and 10 ft for input and output. I haven't changed any of the volumes on my presets that were working great before hand is the thing. I just got off work and won't be able to play loud until the morning so I will try out a few things tomorrow but I am hoping I get this figured out. I was loving the pedal before the hum and clicking/crackling issues.

None of the presets were clipping when I was playing yesterday but I woke up this morning and turned on the AX8 and K10 in the exact same positions they were in yesterday when I had the issue and there was no hum or clicking noise! I'm at a loss for words right now but the problem just sort of went away over night. It could of been a weird electrical thing going on in the house or something else thats completely over my head but everything sounds crystal clear again! Thanks for the help trying to troubleshoot and I guess I just have to pray it doesn't happen again.

I sent a video with audio of the issue to Chris Luke from Fractal but I can't post the video on here for some reason. Just as sort of a reference of what I was dealing with but I'm super glad that I have clear tone again.

Video added by mod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for something that gets turned on at night but not during the day. Like maybe a light?

Last edited:
Whenever I plug in to play out of my k10 straight from my guitar the speaker is quiet with no hum and sounds great but when I connect my ax8 through it the hum is drastically present and it makes a clicking noise while I'm playing. Im very disappointed since this is my first fractal product and I thought I would be solving lots of issues by switching to this system. It has left my house twice for practice and I know I haven't dinged it on anything and have a case for it too. Not sure whats going on here but have any of you had similar issues?

Is it possible you flipped the Line/Mic switch on the back of the K10? That will greatly increase the gain/noise..not sure if that would make it click

Is it possible you flipped the Line/Mic switch on the back of the K10? That will greatly increase the gain/noise..not sure if that would make it click
I didn't touch anything on the back of the K10 besides the on/off switch. I also thought that was the problem at first or something was wrong with the monitor. Then I thought it was bad cables. But after testing the monitor with both cables I use, with my guitar going straight into the monitor and it sounded crystal clear, I thought it was the AX8. Pretty weird experience for me and normally I don't jump to conclusions but it seemed like the hum and click was coming from the AX8 or something with the outlet. Im guessing its the latter after its working fine now.

Back
Top Bottom