I just bought a XiTone MBritt 1x12

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
Got it from a guy on The Gear Page. He will be shipping it this week so I won't have it until the end of the week or so.

I just sold a CLR, which I really liked, with the intend of getting the lighter Neo version in the future. A used MBritt popped up so I figured I'd give it a try. It's the version with the Eminence speaker. I'm hoping the semi-open back design will give it a little of the illusive amp-in-the-room feel.

There's not a lot of info/reviews on these yet. Anyone here have one of these? What should I expect?

Last edited:
I have the newest iteration of the MBritt , with the Dayton Bluetooth amp and Celestion spkr, so I don’t know how yours will sound , but the convertible back is indeed a nice feature .
Side by side with my CLR and Xitone wedges, the Mbritt may not have quite the maximum volume of the others (I have never come close to Diming the Wedges or the Britt so YMMV), but the Britt moves air and waves in a very pleasing fashion, I Imag8ne it’s the tits for an onstage side or back line. I’ve been using it in a bedroom scenario WDW with FocalSolo stereo monitors with the Britt right behind me..More filling ..less DBs..
if I ever play out again..(doubtful, I’m way past my freshness date)).wouldn’t hesitate to use the Britt.
@iaresee has recently procured one , dunno if he’s played out with it yet.

I'm no longer gigging either and just need a good monitor to play at home and on the few occasions that I play with friends. I used the CLR at a wedding a few weeks ago and still found the FRFR experience left me cold even though I have been playing FRFR at church for 5 or 6 years. Something about playing a system with a tweeter still sounds unnatural to me, even when setting the high-cut in the cab block. I'm curious about the setting in the MBritt that defeats the tweeter. Have you tried that setting?

I'm no longer gigging either and just need a good monitor to play at home and on the few occasions that I play with friends. I used the CLR at a wedding a few weeks ago and still found the FRFR experience left me cold even though I have been playing FRFR at church for 5 or 6 years. Something about playing a system with a tweeter still sounds unnatural to me, even when setting the high-cut in the cab block. I'm curious about the setting in the MBritt that defeats the tweeter. Have you tried that setting?
again , not sure our configurations are comparable..on mine, the Dayton has 4 eq settings..Flat, Music, Low cut and High cut..I find myself using flat mostly and low cut on occasion. Perhaps @MicFarlow can chime in

And I just checked Mick’s website..(such as it is...) and he still has his original MBritt design and description which I believe you must have, posted there, mine is very different from that.

I have talked to Mick via email. I just thought I would get the perspective of some users by posting here. This one does have the four eq settings according to the seller, but the design is different than what is currently shown on the Xitone website. But to clarify, are you saying the design of yours has been changed from what is currently posted on the Xitone website? How so?

Here are the pics of the one I bought.

DqzrewR.jpg

aOJynGM.jpg

I'm not concerned about the Flat/Vocal/Music settings as I will only use this for guitar. The lack of bluetooth does not concern me either. The one I bought cannot be used as a closed-back cabinet, but that really doesn't concern me either as I specifically bought this because of the semi-open back design.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it sounds...

Power amp in mine was DOA so I won’t be able to use it until December. All the power amps are back ordered.

Yes, that backorder status was one of the determining factors in deciding to buy this one used. I was not aware of the extent of the latest design changes, but I don't think that would have changed my decision to give this one a try.

Well now, that's a lot different. I can't see how the one I bought has the 4 modes...

Apparently you;gotta press the one dsP button to cycle thru the modes..?

Yep, pressing the blinking LED button cycles you through the modes.

And from what Mick told me , my configuration (except 4the fancy green trim) is the stock MBritt now.

Yep, true story.

Power amp in mine was DOA so I won’t be able to use it until December. All the power amps are back ordered.

Looking more like mid-November I think! Will keep you posted.

Yes, that backorder status was one of the determining factors in deciding to buy this one used. I was not aware of the extent of the latest design changes, but I don't think that would have changed my decision to give this one a try.

Yes, amp availability has surely been a challenge for me this year. I am working my hiney off to get some steady supplies of amps going forward and expect to have lot of units available in mid to late November.

Thanks all!

I would like to add that @MicFarlow has been amazing to deal with and that it was entirely my choice to wait on a new power amp. I bought used. Mick could have said “no dice” to me. But he didn’t and that’s amazing.

I am more than happy with waiting and I look forward to hearing this cab. The build, fit and finish on it is INCREDIBLE. He’s definitely a master craftsman.

FWIW, I talked to Michael Britt via email and he is super cool guy so hopefully you like the cab! He mentioned some AX8/AXE-FX profiles may be in the works but wouldn't elaborate so fingers crossed!!!

~sss

I do like the cab. It's definitely a bit more "cab-like" and less "monitor-like" than some of the other solutions I have used. I think it really excels with the amp models based on combo amps when paired with the appropriate IR's.

Back
Top Bottom