I heard there were pics coming of the FC’s soon...

...any truth to this rumor? Would love to see how the real thing compares to the mock-up...maybe place them next to the MFC-101 for comparison...please.

I too would like to know at least a ballpark price as it will for me help me decide if/when I move to the III. The III without a foot controller is not going to be very useable for a live show environment, it is a package and I need to know what it will cost (roughly).

I don't understand why there isn't more info available for these like there is for the Axe3. I mean, are there still a bunch of unresolved issues/features this close to launch? Spill the beans already. :D

I hope it's reasonably priced. I paid full price for my XL 4 years ago, and was reluctant to get the MFC 101 at the same time. I had an FCB1010 with the UnO chip, so 95% of my needs were met already. I used that setup for 3 years until I found a used one for a price I couldn't pass up. If it's true what Cliff says with it being a "dummy" box, I hope we aren't paying a premium price for scribble strips and colored LED's.

I guess processing power is not the main aspect. Things like housing, scribble strips and everything that is not soldered directly on the mainboard rise the costs.

I guess processing power is not the main aspect. Things like housing, scribble strips and everything that is not soldered directly on the mainboard rise the costs.

However... the communication protocol between the III and the FC's is proprietary and not MIDI-based. The FC's are sort of "dumb terminals". All the they do is tell the III "button #3 was pressed" and the III responds by saying "light LED ring #3 blue" or "display 'My Preset' on the main LCD". This way all the configuration data is on the III and when you backup you backup the foot controller as well. It also means if a foot controller fails you don't have to reprogram a new one (which is a big deal for touring acts where the gear gets hammered on and last second change-outs are common).

It's proprietary, i.e. probably won't be cheap. :tonguewink:

I hope it's reasonably priced. I paid full price for my XL 4 years ago, and was reluctant to get the MFC 101 at the same time. I had an FCB1010 with the UnO chip, so 95% of my needs were met already. I used that setup for 3 years until I found a used one for a price I couldn't pass up. If it's true what Cliff says with it being a "dummy" box, I hope we aren't paying a premium price for scribble strips and colored LED's.

Of course it will cost more... scribble strips are awesome. On my Liquidfoot 12+, now my RJM they are invaluable. Used with paging, you can totally reconfigure to how you want, needless to say much easier to see at a dark gig. Would never have a controller without it again. IMHO YMMV.

Of course it will cost more... scribble strips are awesome. On my Liquidfoot 12+, now my RJM they are invaluable. Used with paging, you can totally reconfigure to how you want, needless to say much easier to see at a dark gig. Would never have a controller without it again. IMHO YMMV.
RJM GT/22 is $1,899 new, GT/16 $1,599, GT/10 $1,299. :fearscream:
LiquidFoot+ 12+ is $899 new. :screamcat:
The Helix floor controller is $399. Scribble strips and colored LED's. 12 buttons. Display looks to be roughly the same size. I'm hoping the official Fractal controller is in the same ballpark. Call me crazy but even though I make enough extra income from musical endeavors to afford any of these without breaking my bank, the Helix controller seems to indicate that all the bells and whistles can be had at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom