I have the FM3, Can I use the FC-12 easily by using the OMG9 setup?

Royalty

I have been reading a lot about the OMG9 setup which uses the FC-6. I want to have all my gig presets & scenes in front of me without having to page up or down.
Can I use the FC-12 to have access to more scenes & presets right in front of me to choose without scrolling up or down like on the FC-6 if I want to access more scenes?

Am I wasting my time getting the FC-12 for the FM3? Should I go with the FC-6? If I have FC-12 what do I set it for to get a similar OMG9 setup?

You can use the FM3 as the Master controller' for the views. It will work the same as with the FC6 but you will have more options available (scenes , effects, presets etc) without having to change views.

It's just personal preference. if you think you need instant access to 8 scenes, 12 presets or 12 effects, then go for the FC12.

Personally, I think the fc12 is overkill.

There is another thread dealing with the FM3 alone and with the FC12. I posted a file there which may be helpful for what you want.

Am I wasting my time getting the FC-12 for the FM3? Should I go with the FC-6? If I have FC-12 what do I set it for to get a similar OMG9 setup?

It depends on what you're trying to do, and only you can decide that.

I have the FC-6 and FM3 as a travel rig, and the FX3 and FC-12 for the always attached rig. The FM3+FC-6 with OMG3 and/or OMG9 is extremely flexible, but you have to do a bit more dancing than you would if you had the FC-12. OMG3, because you are working with only three switches requires doubling up to move between presets, scenes and effects, but I think it'd manageable if you take the time to organize your scenes and presets well. With the FC-6 it becomes less of a tap-dance, and with the FC-12 there's little need to tap-dance.

But, you trade off that convenience with the FC-12 against portability and floor real estate. The FC-6 + FM3, being the same sizes, makes it easy to put into a very compact bag for traveling; See https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-fc-6-carry-bag-or-case-options.159382/post-2001872 for what I put together. You can't do that with the FC-12 and FM3, though putting them into a suitcase or much bigger bag would work.

Personally, I'd recommend the FM3, FC-6 and OMG3, as it's a flexible combination. Connect the FC-6 and you have the OMG9 capability if you installed the OMG3+OMG9 "all layouts", don't connect it and use just the three buttons.

Back
Top Bottom