I have GOT to get this poedal to go with my axe fx II!

I was really really impressed by this pedal
super cool

however- the Axe can do everything it does and more so-

Reverb/Pitch/Delay/Multidelay- it can do it and then some- many of the abient type presets have similar sounds.

Also- I've heard some cheaper/low end pedals do the same thing for 1/6th the price...

A lot of the Line 6 reverbs or delay have simliar functions/sounds... And I know the M5/M9/M13 can do it perfectly- it has an octave reverb and delays-

at $60 i'd own one now
at $300--- to me...it's not needed

Well I have to disagree about the axe doing the same as this pedal....maybe it can...but I am not a programmer...so that is off the table.

And to do the effects like that one button can sounds killer to me.

This pedal is also much easier to use.

So for me it is very much worth it....I have never heard that good a sound come from a line 6 though.

Well I have to disagree about the axe doing the same as this pedal....maybe it can...but I am not a programmer...so that is off the table.

And to do the effects like that one button can sounds killer to me.

This pedal is also much easier to use.

So for me it is very much worth it....I have never heard that good a sound come from a line 6 though.

Every sound you heard in this- is literally a preset in the axe- they're somewhere in the middle toward the end- i don't typically save those or use them- i refer to them as like the 'soundscape' type presets in the axe...

I know they're there- the delays, the octave the deep reverbs- they're there- and no tweaking required- they are straight up presets. or pretty close too it.

I never said they were not there..I said that they were harder to get to...for someone like me who is not used to programming.

And to set up the axe so that the sounds can hold out would be hard for me also.

Not EVERYONE is a programmer dude!

This pedal makes it MUCH easier to use!

Therefore for me...it is on my get list.

You could always pay someone to make some patches for you. It would probably cost less than the pedal and you might learn somrthing in the process. Perhaps enough to make your own. Oh, and you dont need to be a "programmer" to make your own patches in the axe fx, just a little fx knowledge and some time and patience, imo.

Last edited:
i've just watched the demo. just placing the plex detune or plex shift in a side chain with a wet reverb will give you everything this pedal does. you could even emulate the "more" knob with an external controller tied to the plex master feedback. i could knock up a whole bunch of these sounds in about half an hour. not worth $300, imo

just checked. the plex doesn't have a master feedback, but you could probably use a tape delay before the plex to get the dame kind of effect

Reactions: Cem
@webe123: The Axe-Fx can do that - and even more. The first minute of the video reminded me of the MTD-block (+ some controller, maybe). If you wanted a one button-effect, you shouldn't have bought the Axe-Fx in the first place. Frankly, you don't need to be a programmer. You just need some basic knowledge about what effect-block and its most important parameters do what. If you still struggle, well ... this is a forum where people are willing help you with your problems. There even is a preset-subforum. And you know what? It's for free! :)

Listen to the special effects patches and when you find ones you like, you can copy and paste blocks in Axe edit. Audition some of the ambient presets from axe exchange also and you can do the same thing - steal effects blocks from the presets you like. No programming knowledge required!

Seriously, you can access almost all of these sounds with 1 knob on the axe fx II already. It's called the "value" knob and you just turn it until you hear these sounds. They're stock presets like "Velvet Sun", "Blackhole", etc... No programming required. No knowledge required.

id never spend $300 on a pedal that the Axe can do..

Go to the axe change..there are presets there..check out the Allen Holdsworth Ambient swells..I have one right now that sounds similar to this...or better!

Back
Top Bottom