I have figured the mystic secret to Fletcher-Munson

Hilarious thread, but honestly the OP makes sense to me. No need to explain it though because we are very far past that point now. :)

Record a couple parts against each other, and pan 'em. Listen at very low volume. Does it sound small and like there's lots of 'space' between each speaker/sound source? Is each part distinct? If yes, turn it up. The parts should sound big now, but there's still room for other instruments.

That's simply an engineering trick to check a mix (make sure parts are EQd such they don't step on each other & sound good quiet/loud).

It doesn't address the F-M tendency for patches to have too much high end when cranked, unless the OP's phrase "big now" means highs you've tamed those highs at volume. I think there's a language issue here.

isn't it right about now we get Rick Rolled or a pop-tart joke?

Wait for it.....

Now that half the board has had some fun at Loqeunau's expense...

Tell us what you meant, my brother!

I meant nothing. It was all an opportunity to......

Has anyone noticed there's a specific number of periods I use in each instance?....they correlate to the kind of intent I have at that moment and within the content, a semi-specific metaphorical theme to each number, across instances.

Wait for it.....

I meant nothing. It was all an opportunity to......

Has anyone noticed there's a specific number of periods I use in each instance?....they correlate to the kind of intent I have at that moment and within the content, a semi-specific metaphorical theme to each number, across instances.

We need a Legend... just like on a map, if you are to go this route.

= No intent
. = Little intent
.. = A little more intent, but not quite enough
... = "I got out of bed didn't I?"-ish intent
.... = "Oh no you di-in't!!" Laquisha type of intent
..... = "You just spilt my kool-aid and took a bite out of my watermelon, you gonna die now"-ish intent

^^^^
Agreed
niece-and-monkey-donot-trust-eachother.jpg

If only you'd said this at the beginning.

Odd numbers only? Yes. I thought so.

It's like why bees are blue; the higher the fewer.

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH.

We need a Legend... just like on a map, if you are to go this route.

= No intent
. = Little intent
.. = A little more intent, but not quite enough
... = "I got out of bed didn't I?"-ish intent
.... = "Oh no you di-in't!!" Laquisha type of intent
..... = "You just spilt my kool-aid and took a bite out of my watermelon, you gonna die now"-ish intent

It's more qualitative and more creative than that, beau. In standard grammar, three elipses is for the ommission of text in a context. I always use that accordingly. Then there are my other uses: in THE ILLUMINATUS! trilogy, five is a number of auspiciousness, sometimes irony, occasionally mischief; six elipses connotes some measure of pensive-ness and sideways curiosity; four is always some manner of dubiosity, perhaps even stern-ness. Beyond six and the meaning is quite nebulous, intentionally. ((This alone would qualify for Discordianship. However, I have long been far beyond that, and it doesn't suit me, anyways.)) Also note that different numbers follow each other.....

An opportunity to posture? :p

Well. Since you asked so nicely.

And unfortunately small in the bedroom equals big disappointment.

Hah hah. But, not necessarily. I think no one would enjoy going there, though. While almost invariably educational, it would quite likely be uncomfortable. For you.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture. - Martin Mull

For those who know nothing about [music], there is nothing to talk about.

I'd say your semi-specific pretentious wittiness is more instantly annoying than the opportunistic punctual punctuations of your metaphorical momentary number-themes..............................................................................

:|

My, you're taking this awful seriously. No fun in Chef. But I could *put* some in ya!

This thread has me feeling the exact same way I felt after watching the final episode of the Sopranos. You know what I'm talking about. :/

The amount of grammatical errors and misspellings would not indicate that the proper use of the ellipse is to be assumed or expected.

Saying what you mean in plain non-obtuse language is usually the done thing in communication that is, if communication is the intent.

Look
I understand too little too late
I realize there are things you say and do
You can never take back
But what would you be if you didn't even try
You have to try
So after a lot of thought
I'd like to reconsider
Please
If it's not too late
Make it a cheeseburger

((edits indicated))

Saying what you mean in plain(,) non-obtuse language is usually the done thing in communication that is, if communication is the intent.

I say what I mean - how I want to say it.

I have the opportunity to not give a fuck about what people in this world think. How they feel is theirs to take care of. (Incidentally, I have had the opportunity to tell some females that latter recently. LOVED the power of that one!)

Back
Top Bottom