I have figured the mystic secret to Fletcher-Munson

Loquenau

Power User
This isn't an Axe-specific topic, but a lot of people may not see it in The Lounge.

So. Here it is:

Small at low volumes equals big at high volumes.

Record a couple parts against each other, and pan 'em. Listen at very low volume. Does it sound small and like there's lots of 'space' between each speaker/sound source? Is each part distinct? If yes, turn it up. The parts should sound big now, but there's still room for other instruments.

What is the magic determiner? Unfortunately......gain. Yeah, everbodae say it. Even if it sound fine by itself, in a mix it just don't have the same identity. There may be some 'tricks' - IRs that scrape a lot of the tone away, mixing techniques and all - but straight up sound, nope.

This isn't an Axe-specific topic, but a lot of people may not see it in The Lounge.

So. Here it is:

Small at low volumes equals big at high volumes.

Record a couple parts against each other, and pan 'em. Listen at very low volume. Does it sound small and like there's lots of 'space' between each speaker/sound source? Is each part distinct? If yes, turn it up. The parts should sound big now, but there's still room for other instruments.

What is the magic determiner? Unfortunately......gain. Yeah, everbodae say it. Even if it sound fine by itself, in a mix it just don't have the same identity. There may be some 'tricks' - IRs that scrape a lot of the tone away, mixing techniques and all - but straight up sound, nope.

If everybody says it, what's the secret? Makes perfect nonsense! ;) Says who? Me? No, lord Byron was straight. I didn't eat the roast beef because dogs are better than wizards. Did the dry cleaners have your carwash? Toothpaste is in my soup for once an inch at two months pregnant. My lawyer will call my attorney and get my legal representative activated in fiesta red Poodle. Hey, this is pretty easy... ;)

Eureka??

My Theory by A. Elk. (Miss). This theory goes as follows and begins now. All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end. That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too.

"hhmmm, I have another theory."
"if you don't shut up I shall have to shoot you!"

moon_river-fletch.jpeg
52040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom