I have been keeping a secret that I must confess

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have not tried a single UR cab yet? I have barley tweaked my ii in many months (no need to, been happy just the way it is). I have used basically the same one cab since the ii launched for my main sound. I totally want to try the URs but just have not bothered because I don't have time to be audition cabs. Maybe I just need a UR version of that uber cab t75/v30.

I feel lso much better that I was able to get that off my chest :-D

UR cabs are overrated and you won't be happy with them. Let the rest of us do the auditioning of the UR cabs so we can envy your HiRes cab love :p

Seriously, you should try Clark Kent's new UR cabs. They are the best Mesa recto cab IRs out there.

I was on firmware v9 until about 3 months ago. Same exact story: Happy with the sounds, but my curiosity got the best of me.

UR cabs are overrated and you won't be happy with them. Let the rest of us do the auditioning of the UR cabs so we can envy your HiRes cab love :p

Seriously, you should try Clark Kent's new UR cabs. They are the best Mesa recto cab IRs out there.
I heard that clips, I was def blown away with what I heard.

I was on firmware v9 until about 3 months ago. Same exact story: Happy with the sounds, but my curiosity got the best of me.
I do all the FW updates but they do not mess with my tone to the point where I need to start over. I might have to lower pres a bit or turn off a bright switch but nothing crazy. Back since v7 of the ultra I would update FW and just go to a gig. Only once ever have I then done that gotten to a gig and thought my tone is ruined oh crap lol

Some of them have annoying "room" echo in them. I don't like that. The Ownhammer 4x12" close mics seem to have just a hint of this in them, so I just keep on using Hires versions.

Some of them have annoying "room" echo in them.

Ironic really seeing that 'In the room' is a much mentioned shortcoming...
wink.gif

For some, I guess.

I'm so used to hearing most of my stage volume coming from monitors, even when mic'ing an amp, that "in the room" doesn't mean a whole lot to me. And the UR cabs I've tried seem...hollow? Scooped? I'm not sure I have the right word here, but I haven't liked what I've tried. Maybe there's a cab out there that I will, but I haven't found it yet and quite frankly can't be bothered to look since what I have sounds great.

I have not tried a single UR cab yet? I have barley tweaked my ii in many months (no need to, been happy just the way it is).

You have no idea then just how much better UltraRes IRs are, i mean i can tell you i was skeptic at first, but man, they do bring the magic to the tonez!

Cant tell the difference personally, if any not enough to say WOW... must have magic ears or something, and mine are pretty good.

wink.gif

What's the benefit of having room echo in a close miced tone? That just does not work for me, in recording or playing. Nothing to do with the in the room feel. Room gives me the room in the room, not IR. :D

Some IR's do have a slight difference. I got biggest difference when mixing several IR's in cab lab, and changing the cab lab mode. Cliff said the biggest difference is if there are sharp Q thingies in the low frequency response of the cab, that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom