I have an Axe FX again!

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey guys! hope you're all doing well :) Some of you may know I have been Axe-less for a few months. I didn't really quite have the budget to have both an Analog & Digital rig around... But now I'm back in the world of the Axe FX :D

I just got an XL, and I'm realizing how much I missed having one. Right now I'm about halfway through writing my debut album, and using it to demo and write is just THE best. Also using it for FX in conjunction with my Amp (Right now a Friedman Smallbox 50, great head!) in 4cm. I had built a pedalboard, and one day I looked down and went "oh wow, this is the same price as a whole Axe FX"... a week later my whole board was on Reverb and gear groups on facebook haha!

Anyways.. I'm having a ton of fun having another Axe FX around, it's inspired a lot of music already. Glad to be back :)

PS I uploaded a patch to Axe Change for the XL too if anyone wants to check it out, Axe-Change - Download Preset - I am the Fried(egg)Man - by Sean Ashe My first patch back

Last edited:
Welcome back ! The recent changes in the firmware and the reverb are amazing. You probably already did, but If it didn't come with them I would install them first than tweak. The new stuff is the shiznit.

Welcome back ! The recent changes in the firmware and the reverb are amazing. You probably already did, but If it didn't come with them I would install them first than tweak. The new stuff is the shiznit.

Yep that's the first thing I did! I hopped off at I believe 13.02 so it's quite a difference

Welcome back, Sean. I took an amp detour for a while too, but I'm definitely back to stay. I just can't justify an amp and effect rig anymore.

Welcome Back Sean! I am sure no matter what you use, you can make it sound amazing, you are a talented guy. I am in the midst of the same situation as you, selling all my pedals. I do not, however, want to have to sacrifice selling my amp to get an Axe FX II. I have been back and forth(from amps to Axe FX II) several times, and it seems the grass is always greener. The Axe FX II is an amazing tool, and so is a tube amp, I just don't want to have to choose one or another this time around! There's nothing quite like playing a tube amp at a nice volume, and there's nothing like creating amazing tones on the Axe FX II, wailing away at 2am with no one hearing you.

Sean - I'm interested to hear your impressions as you left at 13 and came back at 16.x

And welcome back !

Back
Top Bottom