I have a problem in connecting my Fxii to computer via MIDI

AminKash

Hi

I own a standard fractal axe fxii which has no USB port. I wanted to update it so I tried to use some cheap MIDI to USB interfaces such as:
AGPtek® Usb Midi Music Cable Converter (you can find it on amazon)

Unfortunately non of them are working (the problem: MIDI outs are not recognized by my windows 7). I decided to buy the following MIDI interface which is more expensive but before buying it I'd like to have your opinion: "Interface Midi M-Audio Midisport 1x1 USB"

Do you think that this product might be compatible with my unit? or do you have any suggestion about the correct midi interface for standard axe-fxii? In addition, the "midi in" port on the standard fractal has 7 pins. should I buy a 7 pins cable in order to connect it to computer for updating or a five pin cable would be enough?

Thank you very much in advance

Amin

Hi

I own a standard fractal axe fxii which has no USB port.

All Axe-Fx II have a USB port so I guess you own an Axe-Fx Standard(?).

Do you think that this product might be compatible with my unit? or do you have any suggestion about the correct midi interface for standard axe-fxii?

I don't know the interfaces you mentioned but I have used a Roland UM-1G without any problem.

In addition, the "midi in" port on the standard fractal has 7 pins. should I buy a 7 pins cable in order to connect it to computer for updating or a five pin cable would be enough?

7 pin cable is needed only for powering an MFC-101 not for connections to a USB-to-MIDI interface.

Yes in fact it is Fx standard. Thank you Volt.
I was reading the discussions about updating Fx. Some people had problems after updating their system,,,, so now I'm a little bit afraid of updating my system. You know, the previous owner of my unit has changed all presets to lots of horrible effects. He was not a guitarist, he was a drummer . So after all, I have to take back all factory presets by updating it (I don't have enough time to edit and build up my own settings).

Updating to the last firmware, which is fw11 for the standard, should not give you any trouble.
In most cases, it is user error, which almost always can be corrected. What firmware do you have?

Ive used a midi-sport for years with no issues.

One thing...

Be sure and DO NOT hook the hardware up without installing the drivers first...!

You have been warned....

And for your future needs, the Std/Ultra forums are in their own section, between "Fractal Software" and "General Discussion". You'll find more people there still using the the older gear that can help you out.

Thank you all. It is already updated to firmware 11 by previous owner... so do you think I could re-update it again or not??

Thank you all. It is already updated to firmware 11 by previous owner... so do you think I could re-update it again or not??

If it´s already at FW11, then there´s no need for update. For the sake of testing which MIDI interface that would work or not, FW updates are not recommended. If it for some reason halts during the flash update process due to the MIDI interface or anything, your Axe Std will probably be bricked.

problem solved! after buying 3 other cheap Chinese MIDI interfaces and being unsuccessful in establishing a connection between my fractal and laptop, finally I decided to purchase Midisport 2 X 2 Anniversary Edition for 80 dollars. Bingo! the device worked immediately and I could restore the factory setting and banks in a minute!

Back
Top Bottom