I hate to do it... I've tried and I've read the manual. Need help with USB audio into Logic and back.

PdotCdot

So here's what I'm looking to do:

1. Use the FM3 for amps, cabs, and drives
2. Run it into Logic to use a bunch of delay and reverb plugins that I have
3. Do all monitoring through the headphone jack on the FM3 in real time. Not so worried about recording but that would obviously be a matter of pressing record.

I've done this for years with my AXE I/O and an Apollo Twin, but those were using plugin amp sims. Not sure what would be different with what I'm describing above but it's just not clicking for me.
I've had a doubling thing at one point happening but can't remember what I did with I/O settings and couldn't get rid of the doubling (same signal twice with slight delay).

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with a quick step by step guide.

Brand new MacBook. USB port on FM3 connected directly to MacBook. I can get audio playback to come into the FM3 (iTunes and Safari/YouTube), but getting the FM3 amps into Logic and getting them back through the headphone jack... I just can't figure it out. I've got FM3 selected in the system prefs for I/O. Have made sure my session is at 48kHz. Selected FM3 as Input and Output device in Logic. I have a feeling it's the way the outputs are setup on the FM3, but I'm at my wits end.

Thanks to anyone who's willing to help.

Not sure if this helps, but I read your post and it reminded me of a couple things I ran into with the FM3 and Logic. I apologize if I’ve oversimplified or didn’t quite understand the issue.

1) if you’re not hearing your guitar, load up your audio track in Logic. “Arm” it by clicking the red “R” (record).

2) to get rid of that weird doubling while you’re playing, click the “M” on the audio track. It mutes it in the DAW and you hear your guitar through the FM3. You need to un-mute it when you listen to your playback. I don’t run into this when I use my Audient interface, only when I use the FM3 as my interface.

Back
Top Bottom