I hate iLOK

I'm afraid Ilok remains one secure way to protect software. I dont like it either, but never had these problems on changing machines; works flawless. Best is to contact FAS; they will do the necessary; you will understand where things went wrong, and forget soon about it, I hope.

iLock IS! the reason why I'm not buying CabLab! Have several issues with it before and don't want this shit again!

By the way, considering the price of Fractal hardware CabLab must be free for owners! Not lite version but full!

I swear, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Cab Lab and the iLOK manager. I've tried every combination of steps, in every conceivable order. I'm not new to this; I know what I'm doing. I've read all the documentation for Cab Lab and iLOK.

I totally regret buying software that relies on this bullshit. Never again. NEVER. I've wasted an entire fucking day. WASTED. Am I pissed right now? You betcha.

That's why I never bought it. Glad they helped you out

Still waiting for support to get back to me about this crap. Does anyone answer that email any more? :rolleyes:
just the other day (5 days ago) I had the ilock blues... mark day got back to me in 20 mins. and... you get to chat with a gtr-hero! hang in there brother.

Just my opinion of course. I hate anything like iLok. But I will say that if I had a commercial studio and made a living that way I would have no choice and I would dive in. I also do understand the rational for it, kind of!
But I only have a lowly 2nd BR studio for myself. So, no demons.....................in my equipment!

I’m probably dooming myself by writing this but I‘ve never had in iLok issue and use it for a bunch of stuff. Off the top of my head all my Slate, UAD, Waves, Steinberg and other stuff is on it.

I think Steinberg is not iLok, but i may be wrong

You might very well be correct. Again I just listed the stuff by memory. i don’t really remember off the top of my head because I’ve never had issues other than having to relicense sometimes after Windows changes it’s versioning.

You might very well be correct. Again I just listed the stuff by memory. i don’t really remember off the top of my head because I’ve never had issues other than having to relicense sometimes after Windows changes it’s versioning.
Google says it's eLicenser.
It's probably a very close system anyway but iLok once got cracked while eLicenser didn't i think

Cheers for the encouragement, but I'm up to 3 emails and still waiting for a reply. :mad:
You’re talking about Fractal support, right? If so, check your junk filter. Fractal is usually excellent with responding to Support emails.

iLok sounds like iPhone which means the business model is total ass-rape soup de jour. I think I had to fiddle with it once for some plugin which I never used due to..........iLok. I support open source software and although a product may be really good, the iLok business model is too snotty for me. I just today saw some info on UAD prducts which bent back into iLok which led me to seeing Fractal Audio's name listed. So, I googled and here I am. I do own an Axe FX II standard and love it. I see that CabLab is iLok and am sorely disappointed. Oh well.......

iLok sounds like iPhone which means the business model is total ass-rape soup de jour. I think I had to fiddle with it once for some plugin which I never used due to..........iLok. I support open source software and although a product may be really good, the iLok business model is too snotty for me. I just today saw some info on UAD prducts which bent back into iLok which led me to seeing Fractal Audio's name listed. So, I googled and here I am. I do own an Axe FX II standard and love it. I see that CabLab is iLok and am sorely disappointed. Oh well.......
I don't even use CABLAB anymore. Mainly because of iLOK. I have it on a laptop at rehearsal and couldn't use it at home because of that. I believe you are supposed to deactivate it on one computer before you can use it on another but I wasnt going to drive 40 minutes to do it. . Once my laptop went down and I thought I could use it on another but no. There are ways to do it and a keyfob activator but its all just a royal pain.

Back
Top Bottom