I GOT THE AXE THAT KILL!

GuitarDojo

So i was messing with some tones and somehow this one had me looking for the Motley Crue Looks that Kill mogg files. Found em and wiped out the guitar tracks and began to jam. Testing out Audacity on the go, Axe-FX II USB into my Windows 7 laptop. MY timing was spot on but Audacity seems to shift my recording a few milliseconds. Easy to shift it back in Audacity....Hope you like, I was bangin my head............ so there.

Just Tommy LEE in the beginning...you can barely hear something that sound like Mick Mars in the next room.
1 track - 1 Take - 1 Axe-FX II = LUV!

OUtta The Way VInce....werre Krankin the guitar track!!!!

Last edited:
Nice Dojo! I used to CRANK that album in my Walkman while shredding through any and all mogul fields at various ski hills when I was a teenager. I had more than a few 'yard sales' right beneath the chairlifts due to over aggressive skiing because of the Crue...

For those who don't ski: Yard sale = A wipeout of such force that causes one to lose both skis, both poles, goggles, possibly your toque, AND maybe even a glove...
For my non-Canadian friends: Toque = wool hat/beanie

Last edited:
When this song came out I was 12. I wanted to be Tommy Lee. (started out on drums) Dad made me angry one night and I went into my room and put on the headphones (the really big ones circa 1982) Cranked this song up and used large red "Marks a Lot" markers as drum sticks. Closed my eyes, tilted my head back and played like i was at Wimbley Statium. That house was owned by my family (Amarillo Texas) until the late 90's. Red stains still lurked in my old room till the day it was sold! Good times.....Good times!!!

Hells yeah! Love it!

I remember cranking this CASSETTE TAPE until the batteries ran out on my boom box!

Found em and wiped out the guitar tracks and began to jam.

Very good! How did you wipe out the guitar tracks?

In the 80's, for some reason I had ignored Motley, perhaps because at that time I was so much into Frank Marino, EVH, Vai, etc. However not long time ago we got a singer who was a real Motley fan and I had to listen a few songs of them. Wow, they have some really good stuff. My personal favourite is Kickstart My Heart. Its like a train, you can't stop it.

Very good! How did you wipe out the guitar tracks?

In the 80's, for some reason I had ignored Motley, perhaps because at that time I was so much into Frank Marino, EVH, Vai, etc. However not long time ago we got a singer who was a real Motley fan and I had to listen a few songs of them. Wow, they have some really good stuff. My personal favourite is Kickstart My Heart. Its like a train, you can't stop it.

I used audacity. I took the mogg file I found on the Interwebz and removed the main guitar tracks. There is still some that pop up on the vocal track and I used audacity to "silence" those parts. I initially found the backing track on backingtrack.com but its the same mogg file someone else edited and rendered to mp3. It is a good example.

Back
Top Bottom