I got audio gap between scenes changes

NMG

Experienced
I thought an advantage of scenes is that such gaps are a thing of the past. Any advice out there?

That's never been said. Depends on what happens in the preset.

For example switching between scenes, with Amp-X in scene 1, and Amp-Y in scene 2, will still cause an small audio gap.
Because switching Amp block states does that.

To decrease the gap, use two Amp blocks and switch between those (when switching scenes).

To decrease the gap, use two Amp blocks and switch between those (when switching scenes).
That's what I do too. Strangely, the gap is longer between X/Y of an amp in a preset than between two different presets

I'm still trying to figure out the best amp switching scenario for me. I had been using 4 amps (AMP1 X/Y and AMP2 X/Y) as in SCENE SETUP 1 below. This setup has no gap when switching from scene 1 to 2 and from scene 3 to 4 because neither AMP1 or AMP2 are changing their X/Y state but there is a noticeable gap switching from scene 2 to scene 3 because both AMP1 and AMP2 are changing their X/Y states. Trying to outsmart the Axe-Fx, I came up with SCENE SETUP 2 where I tried to switch the state of the bypassed AMP in the scene before it was being used. Unfortunately, changing the X/Y state in the bypassed AMP still causes a small gap in the sound so in SCENE SETUP 2 there is a gap when switching between all scenes but it is much smaller than the gap when switching between scenes 2 and 3 in SCENE SETUP 1. Reading in the release notes that Cliff had shortened the gap between selecting presets I checked that and it does seems like that gap is smaller. So now I'm thinking that maybe I'll still use 2 AMP blocks but only switch between AMP1 X and AMP2 X and then use a second preset for the other 2 amps. I don't need to have 4 amps in the same preset but it would be nice to figure out a way to do it with the smallest gap(s) possible. If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

SCENE SETUP 1 (Bold indicates enabled and red indicates AMP state changing)
Scene 1 - AMP1 X AMP2 X
Scene 2 - AMP1 X AMP2 X
Scene 3 - AMP1 Y AMP2 Y
Scene 4 - AMP1 Y AMP2 Y

SCENE SETUP 2 (Bold indicates enabled and red indicates AMP state changing)
Scene 1 - AMP1 X AMP2 X
Scene 2 - AMP1 Y AMP2 X
Scene 3 - AMP1 Y AMP2 Y
Scene 4 - AMP1 X AMP2 Y

Slight drift, so apologies in advance for both that and the fact that I haven't RTFM, but with the Ultra (and most other processors of course) I can change Presets from a sequencer via the 'Program Change' MIDI command - how is the changing of 'Scenes' handled via MIDI..?

For example switching between scenes, with Amp-X in scene 1, and Amp-Y in scene 2, will still cause an small audio gap.
Because switching Amp block states does that.

I like to use scenes for complex changes normally involving several foot stomps. i.e. going from (scene 1) a clean amp with chorus and reverb to (scene 2) chorus/reverb off, drive/delay on. I don't always (need to) use scenes so having an amp x/y is very handy, just like real amp channel switching. seems a bit odd that x/y causes a gap but changing presets or amp blocks doesn't?

i've asked this before but is this x/y gap something that can be addressed or is it inherent to the II's design?

Slight drift, so apologies in advance for both that and the fact that I haven't RTFM, but with the Ultra (and most other processors of course) I can change Presets from a sequencer via the 'Program Change' MIDI command - how is the changing of 'Scenes' handled via MIDI..?
Adam Cook did a video demoing that with one of his song

Adam Cook did a video demoing that with one of his song

Ah ha, I think I found the (somewhat exceptionally good) vid showing the song being played through with commands from Reaper DAW, but no notes on what instructions were actually used.

However, it clearly shows that it can be done, so I'll just have to RTFM!
thumbsup.gif

Ah ha, I think I found the (somewhat exceptionally good) vid showing the song being played through with commands from Reaper DAW, but no notes on what instructions were actually used.

However, it clearly shows that it can be done, so I'll just have to RTFM!
thumbsup.gif

You have to use CC# 34 for scenes with a value of 0-7 that corresponds to scene 1-8

Is there still a gap when switching between presets? I know when I had my Bradshaw rack I had a dry amp signal going through my fx cabs that way when the fx switched the gap was covered up by the dry signal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom