I Found A Marshall I'm Really Enjoying...

Ok, got some tips for ya :)
try ccv 2A, treble at 6, presence at 3 and tweak nothing else.
for ccv 2c, input gain at 3, input trim at 0.65, treble at 6, presence at 3, boost the output, because of addional diodes it’s bit lower in volume than CCV 2A and tweak nothing else.
compare with your favourite tweaked version of friedman and let me know the results ☺️

Do you use the same IRs with the Cameron as you do with the Friedmans?

yes, you’re right, but you have that amp inside fractal, so who cares ? 😁
try ccv 2A model and compare with friedman. I kinda feel you will like it more ;)

Yesterday the 65 Bassguys and Dweezils. Today the ccv. Worked on a preset early today on the phones. Ran it through the speakers a little while ago. Ccv2a and 1b. I’m not a high gain guy but like my dirt. This one has a snarly midrange and big bottom that I like. It’s pretty close right now. It will be a keeper. Have to admit I like it over the Friedmans.

...in the Bostonian preset.

For some reason I haven't really dug the Marshalls. Most of my favorite presets are Mesa-based; probably some bias going on, since I feel like I could get a tone out of just about any amp that I'd like.

So lately I've been forcing myself out of familiar territory, and again scrolling thru the factory presets with the intent of tweaking them until I like one of them enough to play with it for a while.

I love that Boston tone, from a listener standpoint, but never really liked it for my own tone. I'm 'that' guy who tends to scoop the EQ. But I was digging Scene 4 of that preset (Lead Delay) so much that it really surprised me to see that it was using 2 JCM 800's. A buddy of mine had a 100 watt half stack back in the day (I had the 50 watt JCM 900 myself), and I always loved his amp!! Much to my chagrin that if I was being honest, his sounded better than mine! But when I bought mine new, all I knew was I wanted a MARSHALL. It was the shit!! But by then, the 800 was out of production. I just didn't know enough about the various models, at that time. But I digress...

I'm really digging this tone! All I did was add an 8-band GEQ block after the amp & cab, and boost one of the upper frequenciess just a few dB, and I can't put down my guitar!

So maybe the takeaway is to go wild once in a while, and venture into unknown areas. Because..., we CAN! Gawd I love this thing!

That's all. As you were. ;)

Same here... but I've become a fan using the FM3 and Axe III. Some of the plexis, and JCM 800s sound great. I like a lot of the others too actually JTM 45, and that high gain one Satriani uses, can't think of the model. The green and orange channels I've found very usable. Still love the Lonestar and Mark V though, it's weird not having the amps anymore.

My fav Marshall model is the 6CA7 followed by the 1987 jumped. I still haven’t completely gelled with the Bassman but I dabble with it sometimes. Are you guys using Bassman IRs or Marshall like cabs with it?

One amp I’ve been liking a lot is the Nuclear Tone. The Swart. It’s a great model.
Back again to say how much I truly dig the Nuclear Tone, still.
Slightly dirty, great.
A bit more, great.
Kinda almost flaming, great.

I've even had thoughts of picking one up IRL, there's one down the street!
But no. I think.
Doesn't really do channel switching (built in attenuator though), nearly $3k, tube maintenance, yadda.

And it's missing the other 300 amps :)

I've had a similar relationship with the Mesa amps. It's amazing how well the essence of the amp is captured in the model. It took me quite awhile to move from the first preset though. The Fender amps are just so good! But then the Vox for R&B/Jazz stuff.

When i got my FM3, I knew I would like all the Marshall based amps. But, I did have two surprises. 1) how much I like the 800 2) I thought I would like the Friedmans more

When i got my FM3, I knew I would like all the Marshall based amps. But, I did have two surprises. 1) how much I like the 800 2) I thought I would like the Friedmans more

If you haven't tried it yet, when you get a chance retry the Friedmans with the MV up high; that was the key for me, then the channels of the BE-100 became magic!

Ok, got some tips for ya
try ccv 2A, treble at 6, presence at 3 and tweak nothing else.
for ccv 2c, input gain at 3, input trim at 0.65, treble at 6, presence at 3, boost the output, because of addional diodes it’s bit lower in volume than CCV 2A and tweak nothing else.
compare with your favourite tweaked version of friedman and let me know the results
I'm a Marshall guy all day long.
I used to really dig the Friedmans because they were an excellent modernized Marshall.
Then I took Leon Todd's suggestion and tried the Camerons. CCV2A, CCV2B.....and my god, they are perfect.
Every time I venture away, I come back to the CCV's and think - yup, this feels like home.

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been stuck with the JS410 Lead Red and Lead Orange for several years. The CCV has extra grit and punch at the high frequency. Very interesting. I am going to add it to my main presets.

For the melodic lead, with high gain but rounded and nice, I still prefer the JS410 though. The CCV is for a more aggressive and nasty approach, which I will also use when requied.

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been stuck with the JS410 Lead Red and Lead Orange for several years. The CCV has extra grit and punch at the high frequency. Very interesting. I am going to add it to my main presets.

For the melodic lead, with high gain but rounded and nice, I still prefer the JS410 though. The CCV is for a more aggressive and nasty approach, which I will also use when requied.
I agree with everything.
Nasty and aggressive is what I dig the most, therefore CCV is top amp model for me in last 4-5 years :)

Interesting. Try the CCV2A.
Master vol around 4.5 and turn the gain up. U find it more rounded on the top end compare to other Marshalls. Could just be that we are setting the amps differently.

I made it to CCV 2b and didn't feel the need to go any further...lol
But 2a is my favorite.
just try 2c with input gain at 3 and input trim at 0.60-0.65, because 2c has A LOT of gain, but if you reduce it to those values, it just has more growl and kerrang than other modes.

Interesting. Try the CCV2A.
Master vol around 4.5 and turn the gain up. U find it more rounded on the top end compare to other Marshalls. Could just be that we are setting the amps differently.

That's better! MV at 4.5 and Gain at 6. I had the MV at 7.5 (the value that I use for the JS410), and that was too harsh for what I was looking for

The JS410 still has a kind of "nasal"character at the mids that I like and cannot get with the CCV. But that is why we have amps with different flavors. It makes no sense to try to make them all sound similar :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BBN
Back
Top Bottom