I FINALLY Pulled The Trigger........

Looking forward to hearing the knock on my door from the UPS cat on Thursday. I ordered an Axe FX II XL and MFC 101. I also ordered that adapter pack not knowing what the hell I was ordering and just found out I didn't need it so I will send it back. LOL I have yet to order expression pedals. Working on that now.

I also ordered a GT 1000 FX Power amp and a pair of FR212's from Matrix. I came very close to purchasing the GT1600FX 2U just to have the better cooling and a bit more headroom but because I will be taking this on many a commercial airliner to tour and it will be an overhead carry on (like I would ever dare make it a check bag. LOL), the schematics on height were over the limit by three inches so I stuck with the safe bet.

Putting this all in a Gator 3 space rolling rack bag with a dual outlet Furman 215A Power Conditioner secured to the inside.

Excited is an understatement and minus the FR 212's (that's why there are roadies) my back, not to mention my wallet (Overseas freight costs are impossible on this tour budget) will be thanking me.

Now all that is left to do is wait. Oh and take my wife on a little shopping spree too. I think if she ever knew what I spent today (she doesn't want to know and that's good) I best have a defibrulator machine on and ready.:shock

The waiting begins.......:encouragement:

Dude, that's a full featured rig in one fell swoop. I'm sure you'll get years of sonic enjoyment. I'll be curious to hear what you think of those FR212s, we've not had a good review so far that I've seen. (I haven't been searching actively, so I may have missed any that were posted recently). What was your previous rig?

Everything I have heard on You Tube has been nothing short of stellar regarding the FR 212's.

My current rig is a Diamond Heretic head into a Custom Audio Amplifiers 212 with Celestion G12M-65 Creambacks at 16 ohms. I generally run 50's neck Les Pauls with Suhr Aldrich pickups into a Dunlop Custom Audio Electronics Wah then into a Majik Box Rocket Fuel Boost / Overdrive into the front of the amp. In the FX loop I run a Strymon Timeline Delay, Big Sky Reverb and an Empress Effects Para EQ with Boost and an ISP Decimator II G String for noise reduction.

I am not ditching the Diamond rig anytime soon. In fact I would never ditch this rig ever. It just sounds too good. My necessity for the Fractal / Matrix gear came out of the fact that I suddenly found myself the new guitarist in a new band on the scene called AUG and they happen to be a world touring band. The very first thing I was told was that there was absolutely no room in the tour budget to freight my tube rig overseas. Knowing this, I knew I needed to invest in a flight rig and well, here I am. LOL!!!

You can check out our stuff on iTunes, Amazon, etc....Wherever you can buy music online. Currently two songs from the latest album see heavy rotation overseas and are always in the top 10 on TBFM Radio. The band just completed a nice tour of the UK. Look for AUG: Be Careful What You Wish For or the first album 20 Years In Hell on iTunes.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new opportunity. I'd be interested to hear how you recreate your tones on the Axe, that sounds like an awesome conventional rig.

Back
Top Bottom