I feel GAS coming on

Whether or not you like Apples OS's you have to give me credit in the hardware dept. They have done more in that arena then other manufactures to build some impressive hardware. From battery life, performance to touch and feel the win.

There's a new Mac Pro... That's been a while since the last one 8)

Impressive looking machine and ideas there. And it's round so there may be an aftermarket for covers like Coca Cola or Beer can inspired art. Seriously I do like it.

Last edited:
Different gravy
yessmiley.gif

Whether or not you like Apples OS's you have to give me credit in the hardware dept. They have done more in that arena then other manufactures to build some impressive hardware. From battery life, performance to touch and feel the win.

Agreed. I'm very very slowly becoming a Mac convert after 20+ years. Between my wife and I, we own a Macbook Pro, an iPhone, several iPods, and an iPad. The hardware is specific to it's purpose and they do that really well. Developers for the platform know EXACTLY what hardware their program will be run on, so they can design it to do precisely that. Where Windows platforms fall down, imo, is they have to account for the guy running an AMD processor with a GeForce graphics card, the guy with an AMD proc and an ATI vid card, etc... there's an almost infinite number of permutations.

Agreed. I'm very very slowly becoming a Mac convert after 20+ years. Between my wife and I, we own a Macbook Pro, an iPhone, several iPods, and an iPad. The hardware is specific to it's purpose and they do that really well. Developers for the platform know EXACTLY what hardware their program will be run on, so they can design it to do precisely that. Where Windows platforms fall down, imo, is they have to account for the guy running an AMD processor with a GeForce graphics card, the guy with an AMD proc and an ATI vid card, etc... there's an almost infinite number of permutations.

Like it or not, AMD doesn't have much life left in it, and its current processors suck ass compared to Intel offerings in all aspects but (naturally) price. I say this as someone who used AMD processors quite extensively over the past decade, and has no love whatsoever for Intel. I think if AMD goes under we can expect the processors to go up in price by at least 2x because Intel will have a monopoly.

Given the size of R2D2, the size of this thing, the evolution of droids since star wars, and the fact this thing is just a small, tight wind tunnel...It could be the iBlow for love-bots - they need love too!!

Very curious about price, the throughput is impressive as is the machine without cover - authentic sci-fi there, no doubt about it. It could be the droid I'm looking for.

Last edited:
i would be afraid someone might mistake it for a trash can,end up finding crumpled paper and snotty kleenex piled on top of it.:)

I had a good laugh at the comments (eg iThermos) :)

But I am seriously impressed with it. It's the only apple thing that has made me sit back and nod my head since the ipad. The size and form factor are nothing short of impressive, and the design is quite innovative. Maybe they stole the idea from someone else (not uncommon) but as a mass-manufacture design, it's certainly a first-of-kind.

I just wanted to say this, FU apple for limiting the expandability of the Graphic cards!!! FU!!!

Dual AMD FirePro GPUs as standard, which will support 4K displays and up to 7 teraflops of power on tap?

Curious as to why that would not be enough 8)

Last edited:
Have the banks been informed yet that they will be getting mortgage sized loan requests to finance these things? :shock

I'm guessing it will be overpriced, but it looks cool enough.
I'm probably not going to jump on that apple train since it doesn't have firewire 400. My RME stuff uses firewire and a lot of other interface developers too. Not very smart :p
I've already decided that my next computer will be from system 76. Awesome company :D

I've had two macbooks, both started breaking after 1 year. But hey, it's made in china.
Cool that the new mac pro will be U.S. built :)

Back
Top Bottom