I don't know why this pisses me off so much..

(Seems like you didn't watch the video...or...you definitely need to watch it again.)

I'm sure if this guy listed the device for a million dollars and sold it, that would be the best news Cliff ever got in his life.
And we'd never hear from Cliff again cause he'd be off with his new-friends, partying like a Kennedy :^)

Not like anybody is being forced to buy it. When the price being asked by the seller provides that much or more benefit
to a prospective buyer, they'll buy it. Pretty simple. And at that point, it's a win for both parties. It's not a win for the seller
and a screwing of the buyer.

I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me. My opinion. I understand free market principles, thank you. If I could delete this thread I would as apparently I'm alone in thinking it's a little distasteful to resell a product for profit like this. Oh well.

I'm with you. Nobody should be that desperate to pay this price. If you wait it out, you get a great product at a great price, with a warranty and the option of the 3 yr warranty if you want it. Plus, all the bugs will be ironed out and there will be a hockey sock full of advice on this forum for newbies like me. Win, win, patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
The thing is, in this golden age of entitlement and impatience, obnoxious ignorants will pay more to have it now instead of waiting for thier invite.

Sadly this is only getting worse as the world turns and nothing is going to change that.

In the end it dosent effect me or anyone else I know, and the guy buying for that price will probably flip the gear within a month anyways....

Well it's how bad a guy wants it that determines the price. I'll admit I bought one second hand no warranty and WELL above Fractals price BUT I had to have one and didn't want to wait so I went ahead and bought one for 1750. Call me stupid or what you will but I am happy that's for damn sure and I'll be getting it next Tuesday.

I'm with Jeremiahedward on this purely on what is the right thing to do, it's profiteering!! (a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of SCARCE or rationed goods.) the fact that the FX8 is not freely available makes it MORALLY wrong, When a country is in a state of war, it's against the law!!!! Unfortunately in peaceful times greed is allowed to prevail.

Racketeering?, Profiteering? wtf! These words relate to extorting people under physical threat or jacking up prices on essential goods in short supply. C'mon; as stated above, if the price is too high, he WON'T sell it - it is NOT an essential good. If he does sell it at that kind of prices, we can all be happy about the great used market price our beloved AXEFX IIs will fetch when we are ready to sell.

Question to the OP - If used units were commonly selling for 2x new retail (for whatever reason), are you saying you would sell yours at for 1x retail on the principal that used goods should never appreciate beyond retail?

I could see the point if we were talking about food in a food shortage environment, or other similar examples, but in relation to the AxeFx? - kinda funny.

I'm with Jeremiahedward on this purely on what is the right thing to do, it's profiteering!! (a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of SCARCE or rationed goods.) the fact that the FX8 is not freely available makes it MORALLY wrong, When a country is in a state of war, it's against the law!!!! Unfortunately in peaceful times greed is allowed to prevail.

LOL

Racketeering?, Profiteering? wtf! These words relate to extorting people under physical threat or jacking up prices on essential goods in short supply.

Agreed. Lots of irrationality in this thread. In the words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

For starters, your definition excluded some important criteria like... "an essential good" and "in times of emergency". Not sure where morally-wrong fits into an economic discussion and who gets to decide how-much profit is too-much profit or what is essential...I would guess you would want the government to do that, right?

And in times of war, would an FX8 be essential? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "no".

There, consider yourself enlightened and....welcome to America, land of the free, home of the brave baby! :^)

You really are a hammerhead aren't you!! It would take someone with more integrity than you to enlighten me pal!! Maybe the reference to war was a bit much, I take that on board! But it's about principle! Let me put it in a different way then! There are too many c@nts in this world that make a profit from something they've had no input or hard work into producing, and if you think you live in the land of the free, you are the one who should be enlightened baby!! Take a listen to Alex Jones sometime! And f@ck you very much for your input!

LOL!! Oh dear, another initially innocuous thread nosedives to the deck, completely loses its way and degenerates into something akin to a Youtube slanging match!

Time for Admin to pull methinks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom