I destroy CLRs

Did you ever find out what was wrong?

:lol

Not yet and thanks for asking. I have been swamped since the session - the AXE and MFC are still in their cases.

I am lead attorney defending a major copyright infringement case and just won the case on summary judgment.

Apparently, cheerleader uniform clothing designs are not protectable by copyright law.

:lol go figure (it's well settled law that clothing is not protectable by copyright) but it took 4 years to reach this outcome.

So there are lots of post-victory tasks and other matters that are getting in my way.

But, I think I'll plug my laptop into the CLRs tonight and play some mp3s to rule out the CLRs.

I'm still hoping it was something stupid on my part and not a hardware failure. I'll post an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was just the UK that had 230v power? When I say this I mean no offence at all, but is this to do with Australia being a former UK colony?

I once went to Oz. I got into the arrival gate where I was met by the most straight faced sour puss who was as ugly as her upward inflection was irritating. The conversation went a bit like this...

"Is this your first time to Australia?"
"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"
"Do you have any criminal convictions?"
"I didn't think that you still needed any"

I spent 15 minutes being given a full cavity search by a guy who had really big fingers.

True story.

:lol man that is a funny story!

It took you 4 YEARS to come to that conclusion???

And you wonder why lawyers have a bad reputation?

I'm sure we have time frame limits on certain legislation in the UK to avoid such scenarios.

PS: i wasn't trying to be douchey.

I'm sure we have time frame limits on certain legislation in the UK to avoid such scenarios.

: lol no kidding Fabio, but when you have the money to throw into a litigation designed to suppress and destroy competitors it can take even longer! My client was fortunate enough to have insurance that covered the litigation.

I had a woofer go out on mine. Andrew at Independent got me a replacement quick fast. Called late on a Friday arvo and got a new one by Tuesday morning. That's pretty damn fast for Brisbane to Sydney. Haven't had any issues since.

Well the plaintiff just filed its Notice Of Appeal to the 6th Circuit so here comes the fifth year! Wish us luck :)

I once went to Oz. I got into the arrival gate where I was met by the most straight faced sour puss who was as ugly as her upward inflection was irritating. The conversation went a bit like this...

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

I spent 15 minutes being given a full cavity search by a guy who had really big fingers.

True story.

That's awesome!

It reminds of when I wasn't playing classical too long and the strength of my fingernails hadn't developed, so I used to wear this nail hardener. I went into a local pharmacy in rural Ireland to buy it from this strangely cheery mid-50s woman.

"Hi I'd like to buy nail hardener."

"Ok, it's over here. What colour would your wife like?"

"It's actually for me."

*looking at me closely* "Oh, you play guitar, don't you?"

*smiling* "No, I wear womens underwear."

*silence with an uncomfortable look from her from which, to add to the ridiculousness and hopefully let her know I was joking, I said

"But I look awesome in a dress!"

"That'll be €5.50." with a stony look.

I never went back to that shop.

I thought it was just the UK that had 230v power? When I say this I mean no offence at all, but is this to do with Australia being a former UK colony?

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

True story.

Poor you :)

Fucking still laughing my ass off :)

Regarding the broken CLR's I just purchased 2 of them and love their sound, so I hope this isn't a trend....

Meant to ask, if you have a problem with them in Europe, do you have to ship to the Us to get them fixed?

Well, I've had 3 faulty ones in about a year. I had faults like high pitch squeals and intermittent sound etc.

I typically run them with master volume less than half way. I keep them in a padded case. I am a professional guitarist and know how to look after gear!

The Australian distributer says they don't get many back for repair, so I guess I'm just unlucky or something.

I love them, wish I could trust them.

We have 240v mains in Australia and the units are supposed to be built for that but with power spikes that could be a problem.

Has anyone else had problems?
Yep.

Jinxed.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself...

Last edited:
Meant to ask, if you have a problem with them in Europe, do you have to ship to the Us to get them fixed?
I thought they had a service center in the UK?

Still a a hefty shipping bill from anywhere else.

They should have stayed at G66.

Last edited:

True story.
Give me five - enjoy your stay :victorious:
bighand_zps6479b161.png

Well, I've had 3 faulty ones in about a year. I had faults like high pitch squeals and intermittent sound etc.

I typically run them with master volume less than half way. I keep them in a padded case. I am a professional guitarist and know how to look after gear!

The Australian distributer says they don't get many back for repair, so I guess I'm just unlucky or something.

I love them, wish I could trust them.

We have 240v mains in Australia and the units are supposed to be built for that but with power spikes that could be a problem.

Has anyone else had problems?
hey ninja ...wow bad luck ?! Was the packaging on CLR's damaged at all ? Wondering if rough treatment by Aust. Post may have had anything to do with this ? ...seems more than a coincidence that you've had 3 with issues ?

Hope this not to off topic... Will it hurt a CLR if you have 2 different Axe Fx's plugged in to 2 CLR's, both Axe's in stereo?

Regarding the broken CLR's I just purchased 2 of them and love their sound, so I hope this isn't a trend....

With any company there will occasionally be some of the products that develops a fault after a short period of use, no matter how good QC the company has. Sounds like you've have an incredible bad luck, or as someone said, maybe other factors (like the handling by the shipping/postal company) are at play.
I've had my 3 CLRs since April 2013 and have gig'ed them hard and use them in the studio and at home to - no problems whatsoever.

No there is a UK based distribution and repair centre for EU and Scandinavia

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

True story.

Really big "fingers" you say ?? 15 minutes ?? I assume that you had your bag to him - you should have see his rap sheet :)

Also, was the Boarder Security guy humming or singing the Men At Work song ??
"when you come to the land down under, you'd better run, you'd better take cover - uhhuuuuhhhhhh yea" (and then comes the part where the flute enters - in the song I mean)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom