I destroy CLRs

I thought they had a service center in the UK?

Still a a hefty shipping bill from anywhere else.

They should have stayed at G66.

I think going direct with their own distribution centre makes perfect sense and I guess keeps down the EU prices on the CLRs considerably compared to using a another company as a distributor.
This is no slight to G66 who I have only had excellent dealings with myself.

Meant to ask, if you have a problem with them in Europe, do you have to ship to the Us to get them fixed?

I had a problem with the amp of one of my CRL.

I had a mail exchange with Tom on SUNDAY AFTERNOON and TUESDAY MORNING the replacement amp was ad my door!

With any company there will occasionally be some of the products that develops a fault after a short period of use, no matter how good QC the company has. Sounds like you've have an incredible bad luck, or as someone said, maybe other factors (like the handling by the shipping/postal company) are at play. I've had my 3 CLRs since April 2013 and have gig'ed them hard and use them in the studio and at home to - no problems whatsoever. No there is a UK based distribution and repair centre for EU and Scandinavia Really big "fingers" you say ?? 15 minutes ?? I assume that you had your bag to him - you should have see his rap sheet :) Also, was the Boarder Security guy humming or singing the Men At Work song ?? "when you come to the land down under, you'd better run, you'd better take cover - uhhuuuuhhhhhh yea" (and then comes the part where the flute enters - in the song I mean)

I had to do several squats and then stay in that position whilst he violated me. I think everyone knew what I'd just experienced as I walked out, because it I looked like a cross between somebody with Rickets and a bird who's G string had ridden too high.

It was indeed Border Security and the most alarming thing wasn't that he seemed to be enjoying it, but he couldn't stop grinning as I was handed the laminate and the form to sign. I was told that if I didn't give consent then I'd be arrested and refused entry.

Turns out I had to give permission for entry to get permission for entry. How's that for irony?

Last edited:
I had to do several squats and then stay in that position whilst he violated me. I think everyone knew what I'd just experienced as I walked out, because it I looked like a cross between somebody with Rickets and a a bird who's G string had ridden too high. I

t was indeed Border Security and the most alarming thing wasn't that he seemed to be enjoying it, but he couldn't stop grinning as I was handed the laminate and the form to sign. I was told that if I didn't give consent then I'd be arrested and refused entry.

Turns out I had to give permission for entry to get permission for entry. How's that for irony?

clearly, this is a gay fantasy ...:shock

Last edited:
I thought it was just the UK that had 230v power? When I say this I mean no offence at all, but is this to do with Australia being a former UK colony?

I once went to Oz. I got into the arrival gate where I was met by the most straight faced sour puss who was as ugly as her upward inflection was irritating. The conversation went a bit like this...

"Is this your first time to Australia?"
"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"
"Do you have any criminal convictions?"
"I didn't think that you still needed any"

I spent 15 minutes being given a full cavity search by a guy who had really big fingers.

True story.

funniest post I've ever read on here :)

With any company there will occasionally be some of the products that develops a fault after a short period of use, no matter how good QC the company has. Sounds like you've have an incredible bad luck, or as someone said, maybe other factors (like the handling by the shipping/postal company) are at play.
I've had my 3 CLRs since April 2013 and have gig'ed them hard and use them in the studio and at home to - no problems whatsoever.

No No I haven't had any issues and just luv um... They make my Axe FX II sound like its supposed to, at least for me. I just wanted to know if there might have been a bad run or something- but it sounds like there is nothing to be concerned about... Appreciate the replies guys!

Also, was the Boarder Security guy humming or singing the Men At Work song ??
"when you come to the land down under, you'd better run, you'd better take cover - uhhuuuuhhhhhh yea" (and then comes the part where the flute enters - in the song I mean)

Little known fact, Men At Work got their asses sued off over that song ... you see the flute section has the same sequence of notes as "cuckaburra sits under the old gum tree" and, they got sued, successfully, for breach of copyright, no matter that it had a different rythmn, note lengths, phrasing etc .. same sequence so hand over the profits ...

Sorry for the interruption, please, do get back to your discussion of body cavity searches ;)

Little known fact, Men At Work got their asses sued off over that song ... you see the flute section has the same sequence of notes as "cuckaburra sits under the old gum tree" and, they got sued, successfully, for breach of copyright, no matter that it had a different rythmn, note lengths, phrasing etc .. same sequence so hand over the profits ...

Sorry for the interruption, please, do get back to your discussion of body cavity searches ;)

Never knew that....but just went and listened.....yup, that's a rip off.

(Further thread derail)
I hear melody's in modern hard rock songs (usually on Octane channel, Sirius XM), that are rip offs of other songs.

One I heard yesterday: that Five Finger Death Punch song with Rob Halford singing.
Listen to the first verse.....the melody is exactly the same as the first verse of Ultimate Sin by Ozzy.

Anyone who does that should be given a body cavity search.
(see, I brought us right back on topic)

For any Australian CLR users, it's worth mentioning that Andrew at Independent Music is an absolute champion and has never failed to look after me when my gear gets fried.

I'll second this. In my experience Andrew has always done anything and everything he can to help!

I wanted to hear that one for my self and played the youtube vid of the two it sounds like a pretty large stretch to say the least. I think this was more money driven then it was about the kiddy song.

Never knew that....but just went and listened.....yup, that's a rip off.

(Further thread derail)
I hear melody's in modern hard rock songs (usually on Octane channel, Sirius XM), that are rip offs of other songs.

One I heard yesterday: that Five Finger Death Punch song with Rob Halford singing.
Listen to the first verse.....the melody is exactly the same as the first verse of Ultimate Sin by Ozzy.

Anyone who does that should be given a body cavity search.
(see, I brought us right back on topic)

Every Bruno Mars song uses a different artist for it's sonic template, Muse are ripping off Queen's style (albeit updated for the 21st century) not to mention Bach (Plug In Baby)...... The list is pretty endless.

I'm also certain that we've come to the end of the diatonic note possibilities and that anything a person writes could be found already written by someone else. The 100 monkeys already HAVE written the works of Shakespeare, it seems. :D

Back
Top Bottom